Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-18-2024, 11:47 PM   #1
Cmac
Mephisto

Prime 1's Customer Service Has Reached a New Low

I can't believe what Prime 1 is trying to pull. I had two statues on hold. At the time they were to ship, Prime 1 offered to put them on hold due to the high shipping rates or cancel the orders and refund the deposits. I opted to keep the orders. So time goes by and they contact me stating that they don't hold orders anymore and they will charge me on Jan. 22 with the original shipping prices. I was fine with that as I thought that's a pretty good deal.

Well, two days ago, they cancelled one of the orders. I reach out to them and they state that my address wasn't able to be confirmed. I have not changed my address in their system ever, and they have shipped almost $9k in statues to me over the years. While the emails are going back and forth, they cancel my second statue on hold with the same bogus reason. They then state that they are refunding the points I used on the one order and then state that I can reorder them at the full shipping price. They said that they cannot re-instate the orders due to a "system limitation". I then ask about my deposits and they said that they will not refund them. After I blow up accusing them of theft, they then say that I can go on the waitlist for the one and reorder the other and I will get my deposits back.

Seriously, this is the most outrageous customer service I've ever experienced in my life. Forget about the bad market, with customer service like this, they are asking to fail.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:27 AM   #2
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I can't believe what Prime 1 is trying to pull. I had two statues on hold. At the time they were to ship, Prime 1 offered to put them on hold due to the high shipping rates or cancel the orders and refund the deposits. I opted to keep the orders. So time goes by and they contact me stating that they don't hold orders anymore and they will charge me on Jan. 22 with the original shipping prices. I was fine with that as I thought that's a pretty good deal.

Well, two days ago, they cancelled one of the orders. I reach out to them and they state that my address wasn't able to be confirmed. I have not changed my address in their system ever, and they have shipped almost $9k in statues to me over the years. While the emails are going back and forth, they cancel my second statue on hold with the same bogus reason. They then state that they are refunding the points I used on the one order and then state that I can reorder them at the full shipping price. They said that they cannot re-instate the orders due to a "system limitation". I then ask about my deposits and they said that they will not refund them. After I blow up accusing them of theft, they then say that I can go on the waitlist for the one and reorder the other and I will get my deposits back.

Seriously, this is the most outrageous customer service I've ever experienced in my life. Forget about the bad market, with customer service like this, they are asking to fail.
well...you got what you paid for my man....its common knowledge that P1 has very bad CS if you can even call it CS but you took the chance i guess....i always go with reputable retailers even if sometimes they charge more....if only P1 has the statue in stock then I just pass and live with not having it.....i will never PO straight from them
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:40 AM   #3
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
well...you got what you paid for my man....its common knowledge that P1 has very bad CS if you can even call it CS but you took the chance i guess....i always go with reputable retailers even if sometimes they charge more....if only P1 has the statue in stock then I just pass and live with not having it.....i will never PO straight from them
I started with them years ago when their economy shipping was much better than getting through Sideshow. I did try Sideshow later, but they sent me a statue that had been opened with damage and were trying to pass it off as new. So I stayed with Prime 1 at the time.

Regarding these orders - I had points so that brought the one order down in price. As for the second order, I couldn't find it anywhere but on their site.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:42 AM   #4
qz33
Doctor Doom

They have a thing with POs where they send you an email asking for address confirmation and if you do not respond within I think like 2 weeks they state they will cancel the order.

So they are refunding your all deposits and points? Just making you reorder one and waitlist the other?

I would take the money and run.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:52 AM   #5
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
They have a thing with POs where they send you an email asking for address confirmation and if you do not respond within I think like 2 weeks they state they will cancel the order.

So they are refunding your all deposits and points? Just making you reorder one and waitlist the other?

I would take the money and run.
They didn't send any emails requesting the address confirmation.

They refunded the points but not the deposits. They want me to reorder with the higher shipping fees before they'll refund the deposits. It's a complete scam. They are hurting and they trying to make money off the shipping. It's so short sighted.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:00 AM   #6
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Light them up on social media.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:07 AM   #7
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:08 AM   #8
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
They didn't send any emails requesting the address confirmation.

They refunded the points but not the deposits. They want me to reorder with the higher shipping fees before they'll refund the deposits. It's a complete scam. They are hurting and they trying to make money off the shipping. It's so short sighted.
Okay yeah the deposits is a crap move.
Trust me everything is in their favor. Statue customers are short timers.
I tried to order a Prime 1 statue from Solaris Japan and shipping was ~2K and they wouldn't even bother to calculate the exact shipping until I placed the nonrefundable order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Yes but statue collectors are too desperate for it to matter.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:12 AM   #9
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wait the company known for amazing statues and bad customer service gave you bad customer service? Why the nerve!
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:15 AM   #10
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Okay yeah the deposits is a crap move.
Trust me everything is in their favor. Statue customers are short timers.
I tried to order a Prime 1 statue from Solaris Japan and shipping was ~2K and they wouldn't even bother to calculate the exact shipping until I placed the nonrefundable order.

Yes but statue collectors are too desperate for it to matter.
I agree with most of what you said. I'm not too sure about the short timer comment. That would've applied years ago, but I'm not sure if it applies today with the current market.

It is true that statue collectors will put up with a lot so long as they get their fix. Prime 1 isn't the first statue company to treat its customers like crap. I'm just dumbfounded by what they are pulling this time.