Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #261
Steve evans
The Spirit

Personally, I don't care where CC get them from and I'm not bothered if they're first, second or third generation casts.
CC clearly touch them up, repairing any defects, air bubbles etc...plus they've been approved by Universal.
I'm very happy with my Stego and Compy and can't wait to get my Pachy. I just want them to put their Parasaurolophus on pre-order and find a cast for the Galli and baby Stego.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #262
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not to mention double standards... First, they buy a recasted models thanks to those persons who made it available, otherwise it would be very hard or impossible to find them, mold it again, sell it to fans and later acting like a cop, threatening to them that they will be reported to Universal
Thing is, I don't mind CC using those recasted models, because fans would be left without some pieces they really want, because as I said it would be almost impossible to find 1 gen casts for all pieces. Sure, some details will be lost during recasting again, but that's where the paint factory should jump in and compensate the loss
But, big part of what we've seen so far are double standards, bad paintjob on what should be holy grail pieces, false informations just to sell the product and high prices that do not justify the quality
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #263
Ninner

Can you two elaborate on this? I'm deeply interested in hearing how and where these casts came from. PM me? Thanks[/QUOTE]

A guy named Gavin used to have a page called myjurassicpark I think it was, and he had the Stego moulds. So i asked him to cast a new one for me as a commission job. He did and I painted it. And I later ended up selling it to CC.
Here it is featured in a video by Jurassic Collectables...
https://youtu.be/0ci4hOQAjpg
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #264
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Can you two elaborate on this? I'm deeply interested in hearing how and where these casts came from. PM me? Thanks
A guy named Gavin used to have a page called myjurassicpark I think it was, and he had the Stego moulds. So i asked him to cast a new one for me as a commission job. He did and I painted it. And I later ended up selling it to CC.
https://youtu.be/0ci4hOQAjpg[/QUOTE]

Interesting....

According to Paul, he's the one who painted the stego. Here's his quote from the stego thread:

" I'll have Heather pose with the Stego when I'm back in TX next week.

Thanks for the compliments, I painted the Stego and I sculpted the oval base and base top. I wanted something clean and not overpowering. I went with a dry riverbed look and it has his footprints in the sand. Stego will be shipped separate from the base so you can display him on his own if you want. I really want a more museum quality look for our bases in the future. Conan was the first piece I strayed from our normal designed bases and people like it.

Again I'm trying to pay homage to Stan Winston Studios and do it with class, this is art guys...

I did paint her to match the Lost World Stego, the actual Winston maquettes were quite different.

Anyway, glad you guys like it and the more we produce the better our prices will get...."

So, anymore to the story that you would like to elaborate on...
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #265
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
https://youtu.be/0ci4hOQAjpg
Interesting....

According to Paul, he's the one who painted the stego. Here's his quote from the stego thread:

" I'll have Heather pose with the Stego when I'm back in TX next week.

Thanks for the compliments, I painted the Stego and I sculpted the oval base and base top. I wanted something clean and not overpowering. I went with a dry riverbed look and it has his footprints in the sand. Stego will be shipped separate from the base so you can display him on his own if you want. I really want a more museum quality look for our bases in the future. Conan was the first piece I strayed from our normal designed bases and people like it.

Again I'm trying to pay homage to Stan Winston Studios and do it with class, this is art guys...

I did paint her to match the Lost World Stego, the actual Winston maquettes were quite different.

Anyway, glad you guys like it and the more we produce the better our prices will get...."

So, anymore to the story that you would like to elaborate on...[/QUOTE]
He painted the proto stego. Not the one he bought originally.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:20 AM   #266
MATthemes
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So... recasting pieces that people missed out is a thing... Jeez...that's something...

So the leaked molds of the Sideshow Terminator bust, Predator bust, Alien Queen bust 1/4, Alien Warrior Maquette are not a big deal to have in you collection... hmmm... ��
MATthemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:12 AM   #267
Leekson

Don't know if I get it right, but what I think he is trying to say is that CC didn't advertise his piece as the proto, but that they took his paint scheme (like they steal his intelectual property, his idea), because it's obviously painted different than original maquette which is almost all green
@Ninner... Is that what you've thought?
Old 11-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #268
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
A guy named Gavin used to have a page called myjurassicpark I think it was
Thanks for the info - I did know him but I couldn't have imagined. I agree with others on the recasting thing anyway. I have seen that video of JurassicCollectables a lot of times wanting to get one and I finally could.

Nonetheless it's all an interesting bit of info.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #269
triceratops
Doh!

i find this photo in web.is this guy?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ??20170607175318_??1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	118501  
triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:45 AM   #270
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by triceratops View Post
i find this photo in web.is this guy?
No