Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #121
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
God help the people that end up with one of the myriad of QC problems, that seem to be recently flooding Prime 1 pieces, after ordering directly from Japan. I have no doubt what is driving the wedge between Sideshow and Prime 1.
Yea only company I trust to direct ship cold cast and resin pieces to me direct from japan now is amiami.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #122
decoyoctopus10
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
God help the people that end up with one of the myriad of QC problems, that seem to be recently flooding Prime 1 pieces, after ordering directly from Japan. I have no doubt what is driving the wedge between Sideshow and Prime 1.
I can't agree more. The last piece I'll be ordering (probably) from them is the Bermejo Joker... I got my flashpoint batman - it was beyond messed up. Catwoman came with a broken leg... It sucks cause the first few pieces were all flawless.
decoyoctopus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:20 PM   #123
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoyoctopus10 View Post
I can't agree more. The last piece I'll be ordering (probably) from them is the Bermejo Joker... I got my flashpoint batman - it was beyond messed up. Catwoman came with a broken leg... It sucks cause the first few pieces were all flawless.
Are they at least taking care of the issues?
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:35 PM   #124
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I was just charged my first monthly for a Berserk Slan I have on PO with SS, so at the very least they're currently going through with all P1 orders...
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #125
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Surprised no one posted about this yet.

Yesterday, it was announced that Prime 1 is upping their Reward Points program from 2% to 5% on all orders. Sorry, I don't know if it applies to strictly new orders or existing orders too.

This puts their program on the same level as Sideshow's rewards.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #126
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I ordered direct from P1 to get a replacement for a piece I ordered from Sideshow that they have been non-responsive about (this is week SIX now). Shipping was cheaper than Sideshow. The price of the statue was cheaper than Sideshow. It shipped out a few days after ordering and one of the boxes is already in my area after THREE DAYS. For less money, it shipped from Hong Kong to Florida in 3 days. I don't know if this is going to be the norm, but it was unexpected given the cheaper shipping option was quoting MONTHS for a time frame.

It is amazing to me that I placed a new order from P1 directly and it's going to arrive before Sideshow even sends me a return label.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:24 AM   #127
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I ordered direct from P1 to get a replacement for a piece I ordered from Sideshow that they have been non-responsive about (this is week SIX now). Shipping was cheaper than Sideshow. The price of the statue was cheaper than Sideshow. It shipped out a few days after ordering and one of the boxes is already in my area after THREE DAYS. For less money, it shipped from Hong Kong to Florida in 3 days. I don't know if this is going to be the norm, but it was unexpected given the cheaper shipping option was quoting MONTHS for a time frame.

It is amazing to me that I placed a new order from P1 directly and it's going to arrive before Sideshow even sends me a return label.
I don't know if this is factual, but someone said that when you select economy shipping from P1, your item ships when they've filled a cargo container. It's possible that yours came so fast because, by pure luck, it was one of the last to fill a container.

I ordered something from P1 on Sunday night. I'm really curious how long it will take to get to me.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #128
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't know if this is factual, but someone said that when you select economy shipping from P1, your item ships when they've filled a cargo container. It's possible that yours came so fast because, by pure luck, it was one of the last to fill a container.

I ordered something from P1 on Sunday night. I'm really curious how long it will take to get to me.
I think someone was just guessing with the cargo container theory. It definitely made sense, though.

It was shipped via DHL, picked up in Hong Kong on Saturday and cleared customs in Cleveland, OH on Sunday. I can't see a cargo container being in the mix. P1 must have made some sweet deal with DHL to pull this off. It's currently out for delivery and I have yet to get a bill for any customs fees.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #129
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I think someone was just guessing with the cargo container theory. It definitely made sense, though.

It was shipped via DHL, picked up in Hong Kong on Saturday and cleared customs in Cleveland, OH on Sunday. I can't see a cargo container being in the mix. P1 must have made some sweet deal with DHL to pull this off. It's currently out for delivery and I have yet to get a bill for any customs fees.
That's awesome. Still waiting for mine to ship.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:47 PM   #130
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That's awesome. Still waiting for mine to ship.
Mine took about 5 days from the order date to the shipping date (longer than the actual shipping time).