Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2024, 11:35 PM   #1101
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

A C list character like this getting a 500 ES is excellent IMO.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:03 AM   #1102
qz33
Doctor Doom

Also, and this is not a hit on the statue or team but this just doesn't have that rizz.

Nothing wrong with that but the new Batgirl is basically a pinup wrestling in the mud.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:03 AM   #1103
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Not sure why the ES is such a major deal if it sells out. Same with the other low ES we've seen this year. Heck, I actually prefer it because they tend to come out better during production.

Also, that 2k+ ES of Bat Girl is still going to be in stock well beyond a year from now unless they stop batch production early.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 03:45 AM   #1104
Peedi
The Secret Six

No need to compare to a character as well known as Batgirl. Dazzler’s ES is less than her other fellow X-Women. I think all of them had more. And it makes sense, she’s probably the least widely known X woman sideshow has made, even less recognized than Domino. I’d wager Jubilee would have a larger ES (if done well) because she means more to more people mainly due to the Animated Series and now X-Men ‘97. Dazzler’s main claim is the Arcade game appearance and that didn’t really help her much personally as much as it did the overall brand.

That said I personally love all X-Men so one of the 500 is definitely mine!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 06:26 AM   #1105
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Exactly 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
No need to compare to a character as well known as Batgirl. Dazzler?s ES is less than her other fellow X-Women. I think all of them had more. And it makes sense, she?s probably the least widely known X woman sideshow has made, even less recognized than Domino. I?d wager Jubilee would have a larger ES (if done well) because she means more to more people mainly due to the Animated Series and now X-Men ?97. Dazzler?s main claim is the Arcade game appearance and that didn?t really help her much personally as much as it did the overall brand.

The ES is a perfectly healthy ES for the character. We all knew from the beginning that Dazzler was never getting an ES of 2,000. It's a phenomenal piece of a character we never thought would get made, and she ended up with an ES that matched that of the latest Wonder Woman and Joker.

The end.

Last edited by NorthernLadMSP; 04-19-2024 at 09:21 AM.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM   #1106
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Exactly 100%

The ES is a perfectly healthy ES for the character. We all knew from the beginning that Dazzler was never getting an ES of 2,000. It's a phenomenal piece of a character we never thought would get made, and she ended up with an ES that matched that of the latest Wonder Woman and Joker.

The end.
Yeah I actually estimated somewhere in the 600 region. Very happy as this is a complicated piece to replicate
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:43 AM   #1107
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Yup. I know she's a mutant, but as far as importance to the X-MEN lore... I consider her well behind characters like Storm, Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, and Emma.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:37 PM   #1108
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I?d wager Jubilee would have a larger ES (if done well) because she means more to more people mainly due to the Animated Series and now X-Men ?97.

Quote:
Agree. They would probably do better to have a few years of low ES for characters that haven't been done before too. Similar to Dazzler, Noir Spider, Penguin, etc.

A lot of collectors don't want a second, third, fourth version of the same character although some do go that route.

The only reason I had mentioned Bat Girl is because others had brought it up and we've also recently seen this character done before. There is certainly no comparing a character like Dazzler to her, but the fact that the ES is so high on a character recently done may still be problematic. Don't know, only care to ads Dazzler to my collection. Happy to finally have her.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:57 PM   #1109
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Is this Dazzler available on a payment plan through the SS website.?
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 02:04 PM   #1110
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Is this Dazzler available on a payment plan through the SS website.?
Probably a short one. It's due AUG-NOV.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote