Statue Forum 


XM Studios


Tweeterhead



StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #201
thx217
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
thx217's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
Here she is. Number 024/300.
Truely an incredible piece.
What about the paint job?
Is it that bad?
Hell no, it's a very good one for a factory painting, a serious improvement over the BO T-rex.
Photos definitly don't give it justice.
It's already a great rendition of the beast but I will just add a couple of washes to make it just perfect, just like I want.

Sculpture is super crisp as always with CC.
I love the little dents on the T-rex teeth.
Make it as nasty as a great white shark

Terrific box art too, great JP design all over.
It's one of my favourite.

I red a load of " feel sorry for those who ordered it" here and there all over the net.
Well, now that I have mine in hand, I FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE WHO MISS IT
No time for pictures, but I will post some very soon

Thank you to all the great peoples who works on this piece and special thanks to Jonathan Chu (THX217)
Only a serious JP fan knows the value of this piece. The teeth serration were present on all the original Winston palettes and I'm glad that Chronicles maintained the look of it. The paint can always be improved. Once people see how it looks after it's fully repainted, they sure will be sorry.

And you are very welcome, my friend.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #202
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
CAIN MKII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,431
Absolutly.
A truely authentic, accurate Stan Winston studio T-rex from JP.
No more, no less.
Now some would rather buy an artistic interpretation.
It's ok, there is something to please every body today on the market.
But to compare them is plain non sense.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #203
Phil the sixth
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Once people see how it looks after it's fully repainted, they sure will be sorry.
Thx,would you be so kind to post a reference picture the artist will use to repaint yours.Thanks in advance.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #204
tamaboy311
I am da law!
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Glad you liked your piece dude, but there's no need to feel sorry for those of us who passed on this thing. I don't know about others, but I will be spending my cash on Prime 1's JP offerings moving forward.
we do feel sorry for you. you made a bad judgment call just because of the paint. but you overlooked the fact that this is a SW rexy piece. the paint can always be fixed. and sure, P1 has amazing pieces, hey, i have their 2 blue statues on PO, but they aren't OG. so yes, sorry that you missed this piece. maybe next time.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #205
Fu_Manchu
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Fu_Manchu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sunny country of Spain
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Only a serious JP fan knows the value of this piece. The teeth serration were present on all the original Winston palettes and I'm glad that Chronicles maintained the look of it. The paint can always be improved. Once people see how it looks after it's fully repainted, they sure will be sorry.

And you are very welcome, my friend.
thx217 can you repost the images of your memorable T-Rex bust painted and modified by Galileo? Only two pictures are still online.

I always found yours as a reference to paint this head, they can be very useful now.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #206
oddlysober
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
we do feel sorry for you. you made a bad judgment call just because of the paint. but you overlooked the fact that this is a SW rexy piece. the paint can always be fixed. and sure, P1 has amazing pieces, hey, i have their 2 blue statues on PO, but they aren't OG. so yes, sorry that you missed this piece. maybe next time.
Glad you are enjoying the piece. Seriously, no need to feel sorry for me, I get as much enjoyment seeing your pics and repaints, so please keep those coming. You guys are totally awesome!
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #207
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
CAIN MKII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
thx217 can you repost the images of your memorable T-Rex bust painted and modified by Galileo? Only two pictures are still online.

I always found yours as a reference to paint this head, they can be very useful now.
I back up this request please
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #208
The SHOGUN
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 1,871
All things considered, out of the box I'd give this piece a C/C-
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #209
Gruson
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,128
Agreed, C for me too. Paint app just ruined it for me and I don’t want to go through the hassle of a repaint. Shame because it looks great....looking forward to thx new paint job, his custom one rocks.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #210
The SHOGUN
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Agreed, C for me too. Paint app just ruined it for me and I donít want to go through the hassle of a repaint. Shame because it looks great....looking forward to thx new paint job, his custom one rocks.
Paint, art direction and presentation all could have been better.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com