Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #831
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Gratz NL, She's special. One of my favorites I know I'll never own.
Thanks! I just know I'll be really pissed at myself if I skip her. So, for the DC line I'm going to just stick with Batman and the villains.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #832
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

STORM Pre-ordered

Very happy that Storm is Pre-ordered. However, I may have to wait for Dark Phoenix unless someone can let me know of a reasonable price.
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #833
adee
Green Arrow

define reasonable
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #834
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

There won't be any reasonable prices on Dark Phoenix this late in the game. The cheapest I've seen is still $165 over retail plus international shipping.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #835
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Copyin my collection

While they do look very nice next to each other, I think I'm going to have to let their size dictate where I display them. I'd hard to tell exactly how giant those bases are. The tornado on Storm's base is deceiving because of the angles, not to mention her cape. I bet that piece is pretty deep.

Intinally I was going to have Jean and Dark Phoenix on opposite end tables. Now that may have to be Dark Phoenix and Storm. I'm not sure where I'm going to move my XM Jean and SS Storm to when I get my two She-Ra pieces. I have a fun little display with art planned for those pieces.

Ugh....my struggle is real! And my fiancé is going to kill me when these boxes come rolling in. I aint gonna lie, if XM could back up Dark Phoenix and Storm releases, I'd be soooo happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm pretty certain I am going to skip Batgirl and get Dark Phoenix instead. These two will just look so damn awesome together.

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #836
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
I chose Dark Phoenix! Ordered her last night!
Congrats! Great choice. I think this is the best Phoenix statue hands down. Down the road you could always pick up Batgirl if you decide too. XM always ups the edition size with MTO anyway.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #837
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Congrats! Great choice. I think this is the best Phoenix statue hands down. Down the road you could always pick up Batgirl if you decide too. XM always ups the edition size with MTO anyway.
Agreed.

My only issue now is how many 1/4 scale Jeans I will have. I currently have the SS Dark Phoenix, the XM Phoenix with custom portrait and the SS Jim Lee Jean PF.

I will probably sell both of the Sideshow pieces and just keep the two XMs. Or, who knows maybe I will want to sell the green XM as well and just keep this Dark Phoenix.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #838
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Agreed.

My only issue now is how many 1/4 scale Jeans I will have. I currently have the SS Dark Phoenix, the XM Phoenix with custom portrait and the SS Jim Lee Jean PF.

I will probably sell both of the Sideshow pieces and just keep the two XMs. Or, who knows maybe I will want to sell the green XM as well and just keep this Dark Phoenix.
You may want to keep the SS Jean (Lee version) in case XM never does her. At this rate she may be the only X-Man not represented from the Gold Team. Plus, I really like the hair on that statue, it's fabulous.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:52 PM   #839
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
There won't be any reasonable prices on Dark Phoenix this late in the game. The cheapest I've seen is still $165 over retail plus international shipping.
not really following the thread, but what was the "normal" buy-in for this statue? pretty much retail + shipping?
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #840
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
not really following the thread, but what was the "normal" buy-in for this statue? pretty much retail + shipping?
The one I got a few days ago was not retail. I got mine for $990 (USD) plus shipping.