Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Hasbro takes Toy Biz

This is the big news at the Hong Kong Toy Fair now on and which I have heard from sources that are there now.

Toy Biz Worldwide as many of you know is NOT owned by Marvel but a seperate company and that they are actually a licensee of Marvel.

In a shocking turn of events, it seems Marvel has now given the master toy license to HASBRO as of 2007.

That means this is the last year Toy Biz will be producing Marvel toys. How this affects new Marvel Legends and Ghost Rider figures for 2007 is yet to be determined.

I will report back again when I hear more!

This is not as shocking as it first sounds - especially to people who read the press release in 2001 where it states that Marvel has only granted the license for 5 1/2 years which makes this year the last year for Toy Biz:

2. Who is Toy Biz?

Toy Biz is the in-house toy division of Marvel Enterprises, Inc.

3. Who is Toy Biz Worldwide?

Marvel character-related toy product lines are manufactured and sold by Toy Biz Worldwide Ltd, under license from Marvel Characters Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Marvel Enterprises Inc. Toy Biz, a division of Marvel Enterprises Inc., is the sales representative for Toy Biz Worldwide.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

This was posted on Newsarama as well.

Check out the details
here

I wonder if this means we could see a ROM comic(or perhaps attempt to get permission for a mini-bust) again?
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote