Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #11
Babytoxie
Ghost

C-3PO & R2-D2 were my first ones, just because they were the only ones left at the store. Everyone wanted Vader and Chewie, not a couple of robots.

I was pissed about Boba Fett's non-launching rocket as well. Did any of the original launching versions ever make it out? I recall seeing some early production shots with the feature in the last couple of years, can't recall where.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #12
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71
Who else here got Boba Fett in the mail as a premium when they where a kid.
I did and it was my favorite action figure when I was a kid. And what was your first Star Wars action figure you received as a kid?

Mine was Greedo.
Oh yeah! I had two of these. Remember how the rocket was originally supposed to shoot, but then some toy safety group had a fit and Kenner changed the rocket.

Favorite Star Wars action figures were Boba Fett, Bossk, Snowtrooper, and the AT-AT Driver

1st Star Wars figures were the "Preview Set" or whatever it was called: Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, and R2-D2.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #13
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinejedi007
I had all of the origional mail in's from Star Wars as a kid my first was Luke, R2-D2, Chewie and Darth Vader...It was snowing the day I got them and they went right into the snow. Who knew?
Yes I also got Boba-Fett.
Was it Vader? I have this fuzzy recollection of Leia in that set. Then again, I had to split it with my brother so I could very well be wrong.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:01 PM   #14
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2
Was it Vader? I have this fuzzy recollection of Leia in that set. Then again, I had to split it with my brother so I could very well be wrong.
There was more than one preview set, as I recall, because my brother and I both got one each.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote