Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #101
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

To my knowledge legally there'd be nothing possible for kickstarter to do if the person doesn't fulfill their kickstarter rewards.

Dunno if anyone's ever sued for not getting their rewards.

Still it's very much a only do it if you trust said person. I haven't had problems with the kickstarters and Indiegogo's (like an international version of kickstarter) I've done.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #102
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofabruce View Post
Another article has surfaced, posted by L. Choman (the woman whose posts on Dean's Kickstarter were almost all deleted).

You can check it out here.

I have spoken to Ms. Choman over the last several months and I believe what she says in this blog.

Dean has continually used his story of abuse to act as a shield against his detractors and those he takes advantage of. If you question him, he has excuses. If you catch him in a lie, he ignores you. If you continue to press him, he uses his fanbase against you.

This guy has been traveling around the country for over a year spreading the gospel according to Dean Trippe, and shilling his book - while people have waited for commissions and the Kickstarter rewards they paid for in good faith. He has also parlayed his new found fame into picking up jobs for the CBLDF and Stan Lee. Two upcoming comics for Free Comic Book Day 2015 have Dean's Artwork and writing in them. More money in his pocket while we wait for him to honor his previous commitments.

It's disgusting and it needs to stop.
Agreed on all counts.

I also have past trauma, but I don't bring it up at every given moment to garner sympathy and a quick buck.

What he's doing is absolutely reprehensible, and I'm shocked that he's still getting away with it.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #103
sonofabruce
Doh!

Well, anyone in his area on Free Comic Book Day (May 2nd, 2015) he will be at the comic book shop he runs, Area 52 Comics and Games.

AREA 52 COMICS AND GAMES
3640 Mundy Mill Rd STE 140
Gainesville, GA 30504

He will be there signing autographs for the two FCBD books he worked on this past year (instead of fulfilling previous commitments) and selling PRINTS (which he did in the past year instead of fulfilling his prior commitments)! I bet one of those prints is going to be the very same print he owes people who sponsored his Kickstarter. I can almost guarantee that - because he's been selling it online at at conventions all year. I bet he'll even be offering pre-sales for "Something Terrible" since he's now pushed the release date until June of 2015.

Nothing this guy does would surprise me anymore.

Except maybe if he came out and took ownership of his wrong-doing and legitimately apologized to everyone... that might surprise me.

More info can be found on his Facebook Fan Page

Be careful if you feel the urge to badmouth or even leave a legitimate question on his page about his lateness on your work. Anything less than full on ass-kissing will be deleted and you most likely will be blocked from his pages and attacked by his faithful blind lapdogs.
sonofabruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #104
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Unsurprisingly, I've still received nothing. He claims on his instagram that the Something Terrible hardcovers are going to print, so maybe he'll at least finally finish his kickstarter. Would be nice if he'd finish his Dean Con stuff from two years ago though.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #105
BillC
Hellboy

I feel bad for any that got robbed. Personally, I finally got a refund for a commission that I paid for at the end of 2012. Lots of ignored email and calls, even though I would only pleasantly inquire with a sentence or two every 6 weeks or so. Very frustrating- these type of unprofessional experiences really drain the fun out of the hobby.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #106
sonofabruce
Doh!

Well, Heroescon has come and gone, and I have heard absolutely NOTHING regarding him having the book there (as he promised).

Nothing on his FB page, nothing on twitter, and certainly nothing on his Kickstarter.

I've seen a grand total of ONE IMAGE of him from that con, and he was taking part in a costume design panel.

Yet again, Dean Trippe delays.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #107
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofabruce View Post
Well, Heroescon has come and gone, and I have heard absolutely NOTHING regarding him having the book there (as he promised).

Nothing on his FB page, nothing on twitter, and certainly nothing on his Kickstarter.

I've seen a grand total of ONE IMAGE of him from that con, and he was taking part in a costume design panel.

Yet again, Dean Trippe delays.
Can't say I'm surprised. Still haven't received my deancon 2013 sketch either.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #108
sonofabruce
Doh!

Honestly,

I've gotten so sick of this guy's lies and bullsh*t.

I am absolutely boggled how he manages to get away with it.

He makes promise after promise and breaks every single one of them, and yet, he has fans that think he can do no wrong.

His latest promise was that "Something Terrible" would be at Heroes Con in mid June for pick up. Not only was it NOT there, he has not even acknowledged it missing this most recent deadline. Not on Facebook, or Tumblr, or Twitter, or most importantly on Kickstarter itself.

What he has acknowledged on social media is that he has proposed to his girlfriend, moved in to a new home with her, and got engaged.

I guess the $48,000 we paid for his book to be published will make a nice nest egg.

What a colossal douchebag. If I ever see Dean Trippe in person, he's getting an earful.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #109
sonofabruce
Doh!

Quick update.
So it's been about 3 months since I last posted about Dean Trippe and his Kickstarter, aptly named "Something Terrible".

The book has still not shipped. Dean did finish the 4 additional pages and released a .pdf file to all backers - and promised he would have more info with 3 days. That was over a month ago now.

He has been completely incommunicado on his KS page, and blocks anyone and everyone who tries to ask him about the project on his twitter acct, or anywhere else.

He has however taken on several other paid works, including magazine covers, concert posters, and OTHER comic jobs... all of which he talks about on social media.

This man is an absolute piece of garbage.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:59 AM   #110
Xtreme2280
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What a horror story. And there are still excuses. I've recently gotten into the original art game and lucked out because they were referrals.I think I'll stick to that route.
Xtreme2280 is offline   Reply With Quote