Wow. What a disgusting story.
Uh-oh. I sense a blocking . . .
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #93
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofabruce View Post
Hopefully someone will take it off your hands and you don't lose any money on it.
thanks, I hope so. the art itself isn't bad, and the two pieces (WWII Cap and Bucky black and white/Modern Captain America and Winter Soldier color) really go together well.

NullSkier, I hope you get your piece soon. I saw he posted a few process shots recently, were any of them yours?

Oh, and my personal saga with Dean ended this past weekend when I received the Watchmen piece he owed me. It wasn't a refund, but at least we're all squared away.

Last edited by pwimrbarnes; 04-02-2015 at 09:32 PM. Reason: more to add
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #94
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwimrbarnes View Post
NullSkier, I hope you get your piece soon. I saw he posted a few process shots recently, were any of them yours?
I don't think so. I know it would be Superman related, and he posted a picture of a Superman vs. Doomsday piece, but my friend only paid for one character, so I'm guessing that's not it. Glad to hear you got your piece.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:13 PM   #95
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwimrbarnes View Post
thanks, I hope so. the art itself isn't bad, and the two pieces (WWII Cap and Bucky black and white/Modern Captain America and Winter Soldier color) really go together well.

Oh, and my personal saga with Dean ended this past weekend when I received the Watchmen piece he owed me. It wasn't a refund, but at least we're all squared away.
Obviously you sold this because of the bad taste of the commission experience. You got $26. Minus ebay, PayPal and shipping fees. So what are you financially out for helping him by getting a commission.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #96
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

For the DeanCon pieces, 60 total
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #97
sonofabruce
Doh!

Another article has surfaced, posted by L. Choman (the woman whose posts on Dean's Kickstarter were almost all deleted).

You can check it out here.

I have spoken to Ms. Choman over the last several months and I believe what she says in this blog.

Dean has continually used his story of abuse to act as a shield against his detractors and those he takes advantage of. If you question him, he has excuses. If you catch him in a lie, he ignores you. If you continue to press him, he uses his fanbase against you.

This guy has been traveling around the country for over a year spreading the gospel according to Dean Trippe, and shilling his book - while people have waited for commissions and the Kickstarter rewards they paid for in good faith. He has also parlayed his new found fame into picking up jobs for the CBLDF and Stan Lee. Two upcoming comics for Free Comic Book Day 2015 have Dean's Artwork and writing in them. More money in his pocket while we wait for him to honor his previous commitments.

It's disgusting and it needs to stop.
sonofabruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #98
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

I thought I had backed his KS, but I just checked and I hadn't. Whew!

It's a weird experience, meeting this quiet, pretty cool guy a few years ago and now seeing all this.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #99
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

so how easy is it to raise money on kickstarter?

also is it a legally binding contract that you have to do what you indicate that you are going to do with the funds or is it just in good faith?

i'm just curious on how these kickstarters work.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #100
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

I've back a few KSs, but I'm not 100% sure on the legal part. The way i understand it, if they hit their goal, they have to provide the agreed upon rewards. I'm not sure about the timeline or policy on refunds. But some have taken quite a while to complete.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote