Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #211
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Eh, I prepared myself for a $299 tag because of what it is, but not 350. I'm sure the pricing is fine and all, but I was only hyped about a 200 dollar-ish 1/2 bust line. At $350 I'm not sure I care about 1/2 busts. I think I rather buy this as a 1:1 head bust and without the chest for $500. The 1/2 scale with chest for "cheap" was a neat and interesting concept, but imho not $350 interesting. $350 is still $350 even today

I guess I'm still debating saying yes or no to this, but if future 1/2s are going to be priced the same I may as well bail out of my 1/2 plans.

For the record, because I know it's coming off as one of those "I knew I shouldn't have mentioned a price" things, my opinion would remain the same if I had never heard "$200" I can't stress it enough, at $350 I just assume save that money for $500 and up products. This bust is something I wouldn't usually buy, period. But I considered it for $200-$250 and even went to $300 if I had to. The only reason I haven't said no thanks is because it's just 50 bucks over my original limit I came up with last month, but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere...

Also I've got Trex and Anubis on my brain so that isn't helping me say yes to this :x I do think 350 is a good price for this now that I've thought about it since starting this post, but like I said...$350 1/2 busts are probably not for me.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #212
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Even though $200 was mentioned, I never saw it being reality. $350 for what is shown, in the photos, seems reasonable. If they deliver what's shown, IMO, it's an excellent buy, plus there's nothing near this price, in terms of Terminator busts, of this quality.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:32 PM   #213
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

This is why I will not discuss, price or show concept pieces any longer. Seems to cause hard feelings when things change.

I had hoped to do this for much less, but the piece wasn't half as big when we started designing it. When doing the bust if you didn't show the full chest it looked odd and like we were showing a pair of breasts. I mean I know that's not what it was, but by having part of the chest down to the stomach really made it look weird, this added dimension to the piece. Anytime electronics are involved it also raises the price.

We are considering an Endoskeleton and Clean 1984 Arnold 1/2 busts as well so you have the full transformation.

All three have been approved.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #214
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Price is good,and great news with the other busts..
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #215
rjszar

I would love to get all my collectibles for a song and a dance along with everyone else, but I think there is a lot of value in this. I look forward to the other busts in the line as well.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #216
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Thanks guys, I'll post a few pics of me holding it for size...
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #217
Pilky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We are considering an Endoskeleton and Clean 1984 Arnold 1/2 busts as well so you have the full transformation.

Paul
I'd definitely buy the Endoskeleton bust. I think it'd be quite a popular item. If anything would be a sure thing to sell out, it'd be this one.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #218
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Eh, I prepared myself for a $299 tag because of what it is, but not 350. I'm sure the pricing is fine and all, but I was only hyped about a 200 dollar-ish 1/2 bust line. At $350 I'm not sure I care about 1/2 busts. I think I rather buy this as a 1:1 head bust and without the chest for $500. The 1/2 scale with chest for "cheap" was a neat and interesting concept, but imho not $350 interesting. $350 is still $350 even today

I guess I'm still debating saying yes or no to this, but if future 1/2s are going to be priced the same I may as well bail out of my 1/2 plans.

For the record, because I know it's coming off as one of those "I knew I shouldn't have mentioned a price" things, my opinion would remain the same if I had never heard "$200" I can't stress it enough, at $350 I just assume save that money for $500 and up products. This bust is something I wouldn't usually buy, period. But I considered it for $200-$250 and even went to $300 if I had to. The only reason I haven't said no thanks is because it's just 50 bucks over my original limit I came up with last month, but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere...

Also I've got Trex and Anubis on my brain so that isn't helping me say yes to this :x I do think 350 is a good price for this now that I've thought about it since starting this post, but like I said...$350 1/2 busts are probably not for me.
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #219
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
This is why I will not discuss, price or show concept pieces any longer. Seems to cause hard feelings when things change.

I had hoped to do this for much less, but the piece wasn't half as big when we started designing it. When doing the bust if you didn't show the full chest it looked odd and like we were showing a pair of breasts. I mean I know that's not what it was, but by having part of the chest down to the stomach really made it look weird, this added dimension to the piece. Anytime electronics are involved it also raises the price.

Paul
WOW....thanks for mentioning 3 in a series....that changes everything for me in a good way...
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #220
sogonoraa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Is there a 1:1 version of this bust on the way?
If so, how far down the road is it?

Thanks
sogonoraa is offline   Reply With Quote