Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #101
craigcliff1
Zot

That why extra heads don't work mostly.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #102
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think it looks good and people will eat it up and you know me, i still like what PCS does etc etc....

But i have to say, this whole statue reeks of desperation lol. I mean just look at it lol....doesn't fit at all with either other line, no version in her actual SFV costume....lol oh boy.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #103
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I think it looks good and people will eat it up and you know me, i still like what PCS does etc etc....

But i have to say, this whole statue reeks of desperation lol. I mean just look at it lol....doesn't fit at all with either other line, no version in her actual SFV costume....lol oh boy.
Eh it reeks of fan service and opportunity capitalization but I think it is something that should have been done long ago. I think this would fit best in the Ultra line and really even a lot of this concept would have worked as an entry in the Ultra line.

This statue would have been heralded as a new age if it was released to coincide with the crest of SFV and Laura's popularity.

Jerry made a lot of attempts to find a bigger market for more money but it was always trudging through the same well of customer potential and thought process just different scales and poses. It's obvious now that the sales to get most these things made was never really there or far too close to risk.

I'd have to wager that from an income perspective the reworks and delay for Sakura hasn't been worth it. The traditional, hardcore purists alone just can't financially justify these licenses, production, and R&D any longer.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #104
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:

This is supposed to be a new line, hence why it doesn't fit in that line :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #105
drskull
Frackin!

well I see myself as a sf veteran, I am a noob collector though with few pcs pieces. laura is the only female character I've ever played and one of three characters that I've wanted from pcs (dee jay is the main till ssf2 I only saw the prototype, and blanka waiting for the ultra version cos of that ridiculous neck seam of the mixed media).

I just saw the full reveal and this is pathetic. just serves to the bishoujo collectors and some perves not the sf players. poor attempt to appeal to new costumers.
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #106
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
This is supposed to be a new line, hence why it doesn't fit in that line :<
I totally get that and i can not for a similar Urien statue in just his thong....

I just think everyone would have been happy with an Ultra Laura statue and it would have appeased SF collectors and perverts a like because lets face it her normal costume is revealing enough...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #107
ukshaun
Hercules

Who is PCS's art director? as i get the impression they don't have one, and possibly rely on the sculptor / 3D artist to call the shots?

Quote:
I totally get that and i can not for a similar Urien statue in just his thong....

I just think everyone would have been happy with an Ultra Laura statue and it would have appeased SF collectors and perverts a like because lets face it her normal costume is revealing enough...
I don't have an issue of with the swimsuit, although the green and yellow classic outfit would have been better. The main issue is the portrait not looking like Laura M. other than the hair. It will be good to see more angle's on the portrait (maybe on Sunday).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #108
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Who is PCS's art director? as i get the impression they don't have one, and possibly rely on the sculptor / 3D artist to call the shots?

I don't have an issue of with the swimsuit, although the green and yellow classic outfit would have been better. The main issue is the portrait not looking like Laura M. other than the hair. It will be good to see more angle's on the portrait (maybe on Sunday).
Pining for those halcyon Macaluso days?

"Art Director" is just a fancy name for someone calling the shots. Somebody just said "hey we need a Laura statue, come up with something", and this is what plopped out? Don't bet on it.

Look I get what you're saying about the face and people said the same thing about 1/6 Chun-li, Ryu, Ultra Ken, ... oh wait just about every statue's face whether 3-D or clay. People wailed on She-Ra and it turned out fantastic in person.

Is it worth reworking until everyone is in consensus that it looks spot on? Of course not. This looks tremendously like Laura's model especially in the face and was likely created using exact game data.

I get that everyone wants that uniform roster in a single line but it just ain't selling across so much passed time. If Laura gets enough sales here I'm sure PCS would double dip in another line.

Look as far as "art direction" the problem isn't PCS but collectors/customers that are all varied in who, what, and how they want, and then what they say and what they actually buy are different as well.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #109
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Pining for those halcyon Macaluso days?

"Art Director" is just a fancy name for someone calling the shots. Somebody just said "hey we need a Laura statue, come up with something", and this is what plopped out? Don't bet on it.

Look I get what you're saying about the face and people said the same thing about 1/6 Chun-li, Ryu, Ultra Ken, ... oh wait just about every statue's face whether 3-D or clay. People wailed on She-Ra and it turned out fantastic in person.

Is it worth reworking until everyone is in consensus that it looks spot on? Of course not. This looks tremendously like Laura's model especially in the face and was likely created using exact game data.

I get that everyone wants that uniform roster in a single line but it just ain't selling across so much passed time. If Laura gets enough sales here I'm sure PCS would double dip in another line.

Look as far as "art direction" the problem isn't PCS but collectors/customers that are all varied in who, what, and how they want, and then what they say and what they actually buy are different as well.
No not pining

All we know is, PCS is owned (as far as i am aware) by two guy's, neither of whom is (as far as i am aware) gifted artistically. Someone, has to be held responsible for decisions relating to character, pose, giving the thumbs up to what an sculptor comes up with, and making suggestions along the way. Cammy 1/3 has been going though all sorts of changes, which PCS have been showing from time to time. Other pieces, such as Laura, there are no previews, just the final product.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #110
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:

Probably not, I want smaller characters too but they prob won't sell, especially with the company as it is now. And this is based on that swimsuit issue stuff udon did iirc and I've never read one but I assume it's all girls. I have oro and think he's great, but he's a tiny es and still available... Laura would probably never get made in the regular line.

Also for everyone giving them ---- for doing a statue like this chill the ---- out. It's not like they are stopping their regular lines and stop acting like you should be telling people what they can and can't like. "Oh they're pervs for liking this statue look at me I'm so much better".

Seriously I saw people giving ---- to ss for those cotd dolls. So the ---- what if people like em. Are they hurting you? This isn't like a company cancelling a line or doing anything that hurts you or anyone. Some people enjoy that stuff. Do think they look stupid? Yup. Do I think 700 is crazy? He'll yeah I do. But I buy what many people consider oversized toys for hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars I'm not going to talk ---- about them and pretend I'm better. It's their money, their life, and it doesn't hurt me or anyone else so they can buy what we they want with their own money.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote