Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #111
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I was joking about Urien btw lol

I think PCS are pretty used to people giving them ---- at this point and lets face it, it's usually about more serious stuff than them putting out a bikini statue....

At the end of the day it's a discussion forum and we're discussing the product, of course people are going to be on both sides of the fence for whats right and wrong or it wouldn't be a discussion...and lets face it no one is ever happy, if its not the sculpt, the character choice, the design, the base, the price etc etc it's the fact that someone has an opinion that differs to their own....i don't think anyones opinion on here influences what they do and do not buy right? We all make our own minds up, at least i do.

But i'm sure everyone can agree that PCS have done this statue to move some units....we all know there's a group of statue collectors that eat this sort of stuff up whether they like the property or not...it's probably a smart move...

Just not a move that i personally like.

Also where's my Blanka Ultra statue ffs.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #112
dao2
Cyclops

I don't have an issue with people discussing a product and saying bad things about it. If you think it's gratuitous fine whatever. I've said ---- looks stupid before and I give companies crap too. But you are calling people who would buy this perverts. That's not giving ---- to PCS, you are purposefully being demeaning and insulting people who would be interested in this statue.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #113
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Old 06-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #114
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I don't have an issue with people discussing a product and saying bad things about it. If you think it's gratuitous fine whatever. I've said ---- looks stupid before and I give companies crap too. But you are calling people who would buy this perverts. That's not giving ---- to PCS, you are purposefully being demeaning and insulting people who would be interested in this statue.
I'm sorry, i meant to say males who appreciate the female form.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #115
dao2
Cyclops

Whatever you say now it's already clear you think you're better then them :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #116
Harbinger176
The Spirit

This was on the SS site with EX symbol attached to it. Guessing that the EX is going to be an art print.
Harbinger176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #117
qz33
Doctor Doom

Rant:
Spoiler
I don't understand being so serious of a guy that someone can't enjoy the female form in statue form.
What's not to like about this, even if you don't want it? I mean go look in the Sideshow section at Campbell's Fairy Tale Fantasies. What's the difference? Red Sonjas? Slan? Harley Quinn? Mandy? It's legitimized as long as there's a story behind it or an "out" to point to so you can justify it to yourself and defend the stigma society tries to force on you? I'm sure there are guys that go too serious the other direction too, just like I'm sure there are some grown guys that still play like they're Batman. Isn't this all supposed to be fun though?

I guess it's just the feeling that you're missing out on a "traditional game" Laura. And that's the point I've been making; sorry but you aren't missing out.

Ever been at a beach and seen a hot chick pull her shirt off? It's mesmerizing.

Anyhoo this is perfect. Got the proportions just right. Not too game accurate to ruin the allure but haven't lost what makes Laura's figure Laura's figure. WAY better than the Chun-li 1/3 attempt with wonky hips.

Prettiest and Sexiest PCS female to date? Yep I'm pretty sure.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:21 PM   #118
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Looks pretty good. Her breasts should definitely be a little bigger if we want to get closer to her in game figure. Biggest problem for me is her face. It just doesn't look like Laura.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:47 AM   #119
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Pining for those halcyon Macaluso days?

"Art Director" is just a fancy name for someone calling the shots. Somebody just said "hey we need a Laura statue, come up with something", and this is what plopped out? Don't bet on it.

Look I get what you're saying about the face and people said the same thing about 1/6 Chun-li, Ryu, Ultra Ken, ... oh wait just about every statue's face whether 3-D or clay. People wailed on She-Ra and it turned out fantastic in person.

Is it worth reworking until everyone is in consensus that it looks spot on? Of course not. This looks tremendously like Laura's model especially in the face and was likely created using exact game data.

I get that everyone wants that uniform roster in a single line but it just ain't selling across so much passed time. If Laura gets enough sales here I'm sure PCS would double dip in another line.

Look as far as "art direction" the problem isn't PCS but collectors/customers that are all varied in who, what, and how they want, and then what they say and what they actually buy are different as well.
Do you even play SFV because that face doesn’t look like Laura at all.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:22 AM   #120
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post

This was on the SS site with EX symbol attached to it. Guessing that the EX is going to be an art print.
Like the statue the art print fails to look like Laura M. also.
I'm surprised Capcom passed this. They've approved worse.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote