Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 12-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch

Does anyone else have this figure. I got this today, by being sneaky. I went to Toys R Us yesterday and they had 4 figs from this line. So I hid them all so that they would put out a new case in the morning which they did and I got the Scarlet Witch. No wonder they tried to pull this it sucks. The face has read paint splatter all over it the legs are too thin, and they have some scratches on them. Oh well atleast I got one.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
rychehitman
Galactus

sneaky sneaky
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Captain Late
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That is sneaky... I didn't realize she had been released. I read some review somewhere about what a crap figure it is... I like the easy access and low price of Marvel Legends but DC Direct is much better quality...
Captain Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
Bartholomew
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
Does anyone else have this figure. I got this today, by being sneaky. I went to Toys R Us yesterday and they had 4 figs from this line. So I hid them all so that they would put out a new case in the morning which they did and I got the Scarlet Witch. No wonder they tried to pull this it sucks. The face has read paint splatter all over it the legs are too thin, and they have some scratches on them. Oh well atleast I got one.
Originally I wanted it, but after seeing shots of the real thing I disliked it. She looked like a scrawny hobo that found Wanda's costume and couldn't afford to shave. In some pics I saw she looked like she had some facial hair going. lol. So I passed on this one.

I wonder what happened. They were supposed to pull it so that they can make her a better figure, but it continues to show up. But congrats on getting her regardless!
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:44 AM   #5
ALDISISMO!
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
TRU REBEL!!!!!!!!
ALDISISMO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
Batwing
Cobra Command

The irony is that it's now worth A LOT because it was recalled and is rare.

But it is an AWFUL action figure!!!! What's so collectible about a lousy product?!

I saw it and was glad I didn't get it. The photos of Wanda were great, and I really though that this one will set the standard for all future female action figures in the ML line. But all we got was a pre-pubescent/no-hips freckled face girl in the Scarlet Witch's costume.

Bad.
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #7
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I saw that hideous waste of plastic and paint at Toys R Us yesterday. I grabbed that figure and a Wonder Man to buy, but then I looked at the Scarlet Witch and couldn't bring myself to waste my money on it. It looked worse than I was expecting. I was so put off by it, I didn't even bother getting Wonder Man. I already had the variant of him anyway, which I picked up for $30 Canadian, at a mall, when I went to Canada on my vacation back at the end of September. I don't know, I kind of feel like this line has run it's course anyway. The only figures that I feel I would NEED to have, at this point, are Beta Ray Bill and She-Hulk.
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #8
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I ordered a Scarlet Witch from Amazon back in May. Guess what it was shipped today. It cost me $14.99 with shipping, I guess I will have two now. I'll hold onto it maybe I can trade when Spider-Woman comes out.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #9
advancesculptor
Sculptor
Sculptor

Does any one Know for sure if this waste of plastic was really pulled from the shipments becasue I picked up two of these abominitons called scarlet witch from Wall mart the other day so she cant be all that rare can she ??
Vance
advancesculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 PM   #10
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

She comes one per case. When the figures were first released the rumor was that she was just in Canada, and places like Singapore. She may have not been in the first run of these figures when they hit the U.S. I can't be sure because it's usually months after they are released that I see them in Los Angeles area. But anyways they are shipping now. I wish it looked like the back of the box it really is ugly. I'm sure there in every case now because they were over $100 on Ebay now you can get it for $25 I bet people are killing themselves for not waiting.