Dejah gets a 9 in that movie.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:34 PM   #27993
MKS
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Agreed and I really liked this film, 8/10 for me.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:48 PM   #27994
statman
Baron Zemo

Batman Begins - 8/10

My favorite of the Nolan movies.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #27995
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS View Post
Agreed and I really liked this film, 8/10 for me.
Really wish someone would do a movie statue of her.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #27996
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Weekend Halloween movie marathon!

My Bloody Valentine (1981) Uncut - seriously underrated slasher and IMO one of the best slashers from the 80's. This was a Canadian production, filmed on location in a real mine and mining town in Nova Scotia. Much of the violence was cut from the theatrical release as the movie released shortly after John Lennon died so there was an uproar at the time about movie violence. It was released in special edition bluray in 2009 with almost all of the cut scenes reinserted and they were all great, definitely the only way to watch this movie. The kills were plentiful and original, the gore was outstanding and effective (especially in the cut scenes that were added back in, I understand why they were cut at the time) Overall this is a grade-A slasher (Quentin Tarantino stated this was his favorite slasher of all time) I recommend to any slasher fan that hasn't seen it, on the slasher scale i'd give the uncut version at least an 8.5/10

The Prowler (1981) - Another great slasher, and the one that Tom Savini still says is his best special effect work (Tom also played the Prowler in most of the murder scenes) this one is a lot of fun, and very gruesome with an interesting story - 7.5/10

Scream (1996) - The movie that got me into horror growing up in the 90's, I still love this movie as much to this day as I always have. The opening scene with Drew Barrymore is one of the all time best opening scenes in horror hands down. The cast was all great, the writing was sharp and clever, lots of good kills and creativity with the story, this movie stands the test of time and has been often imitated but never replicated. Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson were a great team, and this movie becoming so iconic and inspiring so many other films is a true testament to their work. I do have a lot of nostalgia for this movie, but I think it deserves the high score either way as its just a great movie - 10/10

Scream 2 (1997) - This sequel came out just a year after the original, and its clear as they were still firing on all cylinders with this movie. They went all in with the "movie within a movie" with the Stab film based on the events of the first Scream, including a great opening scene in a movie theatre which like the first movie ranks amongst the best openings in horror history IMO and the movie never lets up after that - 9.5/10

The Halloween Tree (1993) - based on a book by Ray Bradbury (and narrated by Ray Bradbury) this is probably my favorite Halloween cartoon. The animation is really beautiful with lots of painted backgrounds, and it has a really heart warming story about 4 kids learning the origins of Halloween to save their best friend. Leonard Nimoy voices the Mr.Moundshroud and it seems like he had a lot of fun doing it - 9/10

Halloween 4 (1988) - Not one of most peoples favorite Halloween movies but I think there is a lot to enjoy here. They move the story away from Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie Strode character, and instead focus on her daughter, named Jamie in the movie as a tribute to Jamie Lee Curtis. Michael Myers finds out he has a niece and decides to go after her, shes been adopted by a new family at this point so her older stepsister is also a main character. The ending scene of this movie was really good, its a shame they didnt carry through with it in the next movie - 6.5/10

Halloween 5 (1989) - it seems like a continuation of the previous movie, same characters and actors and such, but they did pull a couple retcons, mainly the ending of the previous movie. Again not in most peoples favorite Halloween movies but I liked it for what it was, includes a Halloween party scene and Michael Myers using a scythe which was cool - 6/10

Halloween 6 (Producer's cut) (1995) - I watched the recently released and hard to find producers cut that fans have been trying to get released for years. It changes quite a few things from the theatrical cut which was apparently just massacred by the studio. Overall the producers cut was better, but there are some parts I liked better from the theatrical, they are different enough that both versions are worth watching, main difference is the fate of the now grown up Jamie character - 7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:04 PM   #27997
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Old Henry - 8/10
Great western
Just finished it. Absolutely loved it. Been a while since I have seen a good western. Really makes me want to buy a Colt SAA. But that happens every time I watch a western. LOL

I give it 9/10.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #27998
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020) - When aspiring musicians Lars and Sigrit are given the opportunity to represent their country at the world's biggest song competition, they finally have a chance to prove that any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for.

Ultimately too goofy for me, but there were some worthy highlights like the sing-a-long featuring past Eurovision contestants and the final song which was nominated for an Academy Award. 5/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #27999
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018) - Six tales of life and violence in the Old West, following a singing gunslinger, a bank robber, a traveling impresario, an elderly prospector, a wagon train, and a perverse pair of bounty hunters.

This is an odd collection of stories. The first was very funny, while the last could have almost been a Twilight Zone episode. All had a somewhat sinister tone to them. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:07 PM   #28000
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Dune (new) - 8.5 out of 10.0.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote