Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-13-2023, 12:50 AM   #201
Mister H
Gen 13

Philly is a great team. We haven’t seen the last of them. I feel sorry for the PPD though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 09:09 AM   #202
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well, I got the came down to a FG part right. And I got a great game, which is all I really wanted.

Two things:
The last holding call was a hold and I appreciate Bradberry admitting to it. Also, it makes total sense to me why he thought they might let him "get away" with it, because the refs didn't call much holding all game. Including some more more egregious holding calls that no flags were thrown. So my issue with that last flag was they let them play all game long, but didn't do it on that play. Be consistent, that's all I'm asking. Consistent. I don't want holding to be reviewable because I think officials get the majority of them correct, and the game is long enough, but be consistent.

Second, Jalen Hurts was the MVP of that game. Not Mahomes. I know it's rare for a plater on the non-winning team to be the MVP, but he was fantastic that game. I also though Toney really could have been MVP with his punt return which changed the tide of the game. If he had scored, he would have gotten it. Wonder if the Giants are salty they traded him now?

All I know is that Philly loses another championship this year - maybe "it's a Philly thing". Regardless, I don't look forward to dealing with them for years to come. At least I know that they will have to pay Hurts which may cause them to lose some weapons.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 10:45 AM   #203
Mister H
Gen 13

Mahomes was totally the MVP. He played on a bad ankle. Went into halftime hurting then came back to lead the team for the win like Willis Reed. Toney did great as well. Next few years will be pretty wild with all these quality QBs. NFL is so much better than the other leagues.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:46 PM   #204
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Wonder if the Giants are salty they traded him now?
I doubt it, Toney could never stay healthy...missed a few games even after the Chiefs acquired him...good thing he had 2 weeks of rest before the Super Bowl I wish him the best though, he's an electric player with elite elusiveness, fun to watch.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 03:00 PM   #205
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

KC are a bunch of weasels for running out the clock instead of running in for the sure touchdown. Same goes for Mahomes for pointing at the Eagles player to be a tattle tale on him. At least there was a good deal of points being put on the board.

The political messages on the end zones made me want to barf. Can I not just enjoy a game without your grift? Also, the commercials didn't seem that good this year.

Pregnant Rihanna halftime show lol. That was unexpected.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 03:05 PM   #206
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
KC are a bunch of weasels for running out the clock instead of running in for the sure touchdown. Same goes for Mahomes for pointing at the Eagles player to be a tattle tale on him. At least there was a good deal of points being put on the board.

The political messages on the end zones made me want to barf. Can I not just enjoy a game without your grift? Also, the commercials didn't seem that good this year.

Pregnant Rihanna halftime show lol. That was unexpected.
I didn't like it either but anyone else would have done the same thing in the same position.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 03:19 PM   #207
jeremydmc
Black Panther

A couple commercials were good but with the current political climate it's hard for them to make anything remotely funny without offending someone so was not expecting much anyway.

The game was really good up until the last few minutes. Then it was boring and tedious seeing the Chiefs fall down instead of going in for a touchdown and then kneeling every play after that. I know why they did it but it's not the least bit exciting for an end to an otherwise exciting game. That is what my memory will pull up when I remember this game, so I guess it was memorable in that regard at least.

Halftime show was not the worst but it was the most boring I can remember seeing in a long time. If not for the platforms changing height and the feeling like I was back in H.S. biology looking at a petri dish full of larvae flailing about, it was forgettable.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 03:59 PM   #208
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I didn't like it either but anyone else would have done the same thing in the same position.
Well the Eagles also made no attempt to tackle him because they wanted him to score. Smart moves by both teams that just happened to work in the Chiefs favor. My husband and I joked that if I was and Eagle, I would have tackled him into the endzone and used my body to keep him from being down It was smart, well thought-out coaching. Boring for the viewer, but very smart.

Though as I a Vikings fan, relying on a kick to win a big game stresses me out for any team. So I had some excitement in those two minutes

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who thought it was so odd that there was lots of pointing by players THEN flags were thrown. It was happening a lot on the false starts/neutral zone infractions.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 04:04 PM   #209
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who thought it was so odd that there was lots of pointing by players THEN flags were thrown. It was happening a lot on the false starts/neutral zone infractions.
True. It seemed to happen several times the flags were only thrown after all the finger pointing was done. I have seen that happen here and there in games before but not to the extent it happened in this game.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 04:27 PM   #210
Mister H
Gen 13

Seems like that happens in the NBA as well. Especially when LeBron starts his crying routine.