Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-28-2023, 10:36 AM   #1
ukshaun
Hercules

Alien: Romulus (2024)

Young people from a distant world must face the most terrifying life form in the universe.

The new Alien movie is set between the first two movies.

Cailee Spaeny has confirmed that the upcoming Alien movie will be set between the first
two films.

The actress, who is one of a number of stars previously confirmed for Fede Alvarez's new
film, opened up a bit about the project - rumoured to be titled Alien: Romulus - in a new
interview with Variety.

"It's supposed to slot in between the first movie and the second movie," Spaeny said. "They
brought the same team from Aliens, the James Cameron film. The same people who built
those xenomorphs actually came on and built ours.

"So getting to see the original design with the original people who have been working on
these films for 45-plus years and has been so much of their life has been really incredible,"
she added.

Reflecting further on returning to the sci-fi genre after appearing in 2018's Pacific Rim:
Uprising, the actress said: "I feel like I'm going back to that world. And I have so much fun.

"I like trying to do as many different things as I can. So I swapped my high heels and my
beehive for spacesuits and lots of wire work. .. I love watching those old '70s, '80s action
sci-fi films. And I'm such a fan of that IP and Sigourney Weaver. It's legendary to get to be a
part of it."

Alongside Spaeny, the new Alien movie is set to star the likes of Father of the Bride's Isabela
Merced, Industry's David Jonsson, and Shadow and Bone's Archie Renaux.

The film wrapped production over the summer, Alvarez confirming the news at the time
with a black-and-white image captioned with the words: "Time for a celebratory cigar, it's a wrap!"

The director also recently revealed that producer Ridley Scott, who directed the original
movie as well as a few of the recent prequels, told him after a screening that the new film
was "f**king great".

"For me it was like... My family knows it was one of the best moments of my life to have a
master like him, who I admired so much, to even watch a movie I made... but particularly
something like this... and talk to me for an hour about what he liked about it," Alvarez
recalled.

"One of the best compliments he said was, 'The dialogue is great. Are you the writer?' Yes!"
he added.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 10:45 AM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

I have to say that I'm not expecting much from this movie because of all the "re-imaginings, re-boots, prequels/sequels and re-do's" that have been nothing but giant turds. I will also say I am really hoping that it will be good. We need something worth watching these days and a great Alien movie would be fantastic.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 10:48 AM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I have to say that I'm not expecting much from this movie because of all the "re-imaginings, re-boots, prequels/sequels and re-do's" that have been nothing but giant turds. I will also say I am really hoping that it will be good. We need something worth watching these days and a great Alien movie would be fantastic.
Funny enough, i have a feeling this might turn out good.
I hope so

To date i have only really liked Alien and Aliens. You can keep the rest including Prometheus.
Old 11-28-2023, 02:11 PM   #4
Asgard
Deadman

Ja, my favorite film is Aliens (1986)
I didn't like all the others so much.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:00 PM   #5
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm hopeful because of Fede Alvarez. His Evil Dead was amazing, as was Don't Breathe. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:48 PM   #6
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Fool me once. twice, three and four more times.

What can they do now? So much has gone off the rails badly since 1986.

Nothing is ever going to touch the the first and second films.

No way home I think. I don't see a path anymore.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:31 PM   #7
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

If there's a chance we can get another great Alien film, I'm all for it.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:10 AM   #8
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Young people from a distant world must face the most terrifying life form in the universe.

Cailee Spaeny ...

"It's supposed to slot in between the first movie and the second movie," Spaeny said. "They
brought the same team from Aliens, the James Cameron film. The same people who built
those xenomorphs actually came on and built ours.

"So getting to see the original design with the original people who have been working on
these films for 45-plus years and has been so much of their life has been really incredible,"
she added.

"I like trying to do as many different things as I can. So I swapped my high heels and my
beehive for spacesuits and lots of wire work. .. I love watching those old '70s, '80s action
sci-fi films
. And I'm such a fan of that IP and Sigourney Weaver. It's legendary to get to be a
part of it."

"One of the best compliments he said was, 'The dialogue is great. Are you the writer?' Yes!"
he added.
Having the same SFx crew sounds cool and all but the other movies didn't? And how many of them could still really be around to do it after 45 years?

It's not plot, story, or dialogue. The secret to Aliens and Predator is the same thing: suspenseful terror.
Very hard to pull off and very few can. Alien(s) did it twice and Predator only the one time. Even harder to make something old new again.

But gotta say I'd have her over to watch "old '70s, '80s action sci-fi films" cause I'm sure she could make something old, feel young again.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:21 AM   #9
ukshaun
Hercules

'I love watching those old '70s, '80s action sci-fi films.'

That part caught my attention also. I guess the 70's 80's, which were some of best years ever, are now considered old.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:34 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I thought the thread had the first trailer when i saw it... Man... What a disappoinment i had when i opened the thread. xD

First 4 Alien Films were my childhood and early teen age years... I love them, they were great. All of them 10/10. I still go back to Alien Quadrilogy every 10 years or so. It is perfect.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote