Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-23-2024, 07:38 PM   #31
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh yeah, Arwen's portrait is terrible as well. I had forgotten about that one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:41 PM   #32
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh yeah, Arwen's portrait is terrible as well. I had forgotten about that one.
Part of me, really disliked the fabric choice more than the actual portrait. It just seemed so cheap looking, relative to the actual movie costume. The movie was almost angelic looking, whereas the one on the statue looked like a cheap frock in comparison.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:00 PM   #33
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Part of me, really disliked the fabric choice more than the actual portrait. It just seemed so cheap looking, relative to the actual movie costume. The movie was almost angelic looking, whereas the one on the statue looked like a cheap frock in comparison.
Yeah, I can see that. Did they ever address any of the criticisms? I haven't been following JND at all, other than seeing the Catwoman news.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:03 PM   #34
Irenicus
The Spirit

I have the Anne Hathway piece as well and I have no issues with the likeness.

It remains one of my favorite JND pieces. Classy.

For this one, if it is only be the masked portrait I don't think it can beat the P1 piece.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:10 PM   #35
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Yeah, I can see that. Did they ever address any of the criticisms? I haven't been following JND at all, other than seeing the Catwoman news.
No idea. I don’t follow the daily news either, as the threads/groups can be a bit too combative. Though it sometimes seems that the opinion line among collectors is moving closer to the centre, whereas not that long ago you had more collectors defending JND no matter what.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:15 PM   #36
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I just want to know which head sculpts they’re going to do. If there’s no unmasked, or partially unmasked head sculpt, I just don’t see the point of getting the JND piece.

But because Popcultcha never had the Prime 1 version available for preorder, I missed out on that one unfortunately. So I’m kind of interested to see how this one turns out.

The Darkside version wasn’t really an option for me. And the only reason I got the Darkside Star Trek pieces, is because they’re the only ones willing to make any statues from that particular licence.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:49 PM   #37
cigaro
Justice League

Quote:
Exactly. If it looks like sh*t in every pic I've ever seen, why would I want (or need) to see it in person?
Thank you.

Every photo of the Prime 1 Pfeiffer Catwoman I have seen is stunning. She looks amazing and I would buy her in a heartbeat.

Every photo of JNDs Hathaway I have seen, it looks like her face is slightly melting. But I am sure the 20+ times I have seen photos of her have just been flukes, and my judgment is off completely.

Either way, I am excited to see what they do with Pfeiffer. I wont write them off completely because of one piece. But at their price point, they have not impressed me too many times.

Excited to see the full reveal
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:06 PM   #38
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Between the JND WW just released and the other Korean Actress I think JND is finding their stride. Early adopters similar Queen Studios had to endure skeptical finished product quality but this latest stuff has been on another level.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:13 PM   #39
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

For this one, if it is only be the masked portrait I don't think it can beat the P1 piece.
Agreed.
From every pic I've seen, the B/P1 is a grand slam as far as likeness. And they nailed that and the paint apps, on the production pieces!
Even the striding, twisting pose works better for me now with in-hand pics. That was one area I was feeling the Darkside more but no longer.

Pose will also be a large factor with this JND. The B/P1 has plenty of attitude that gives it a lot of life beyond the stellar portrait.

With this, and given how her costume facilitates it, I 100% expect swap out heads.
And the equivalent price premium to match, despite the silicone use, overall paint apps, and engineering involved, to all be on the much lower end of demanding.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:18 PM   #40
skizzoid
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Even at prototype stage, the Queen piece always had an embellished look to it. Kind of like when they airbrush celebrities on magazine covers. As such I think it?s the most beautiful of the three, but maybe the most inaccurate because of it.
Agreed, and I can never NOT see a Korean Anne Hathaway in the Queen piece.

I do have the JND, and while it's not perfect, some of the very bad pictures do it no favors. No regrets picking it up (other than that it got me into 1/3 scale).

As for this version, it's probably safe to assume there will be an unmasked portrait since that's JND's signature area. Not too many unmasked moments/promotional shots of her to pick from though, so very curious to see what museum-type pose they choose for this. Would love to see a final fight/damaged look, even though it'll probably never happen given JND's design history (but where they could really outshine the competition).
skizzoid is offline   Reply With Quote