Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2015, 11:21 PM   #511
Igo
Producer
Producer

Before for at least one of them, if not both.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:41 AM   #512
oddmania
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Any idea when the preorder will for He-man and Skelator? Before or after the end of the year?
My guess would be next year around March or April,because that's usually when the preorder starts for the PFF.
So I'm assuming the same,or you could find out when did the preorder began for the star wars mithus series and assume form there.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 AM   #513
Vracula
Jedi Order

I honestly wish 1/5 scales were the norm.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:45 AM   #514
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I think people were put off by 1:5 scale in the past because of the inconsistency with the Marvel line, it messed up a Marvel Display having a 1:5 Daredevil in with the other Marvel 1:4 PFs, a 1:5 Hobgoblin with a 1:4 Spidey, 1:5 Nick Fury with the 1:4 Avengers, etc.

A consistent 1:5 line like MOTU will be much better.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:57 AM   #515
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

What's up with a lot of people now loving 1/5 scale?? It's always been 1/4 or go home. 1/5 is the new poor mans way into collecting as I see it. PF's (1/4) are now priced towards $500/$600 and are out of reach for some of the collectors. That leaves a gap in SS's income which needs to be filled. Hence the 1/5 scale statues. If you look at the price point on these, they're the price of a 1/4 scale PF from 3 years ago...

Not saying these statues aren't pretty, just wished more people would see the underlying business strategy they're pushing forward.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:12 AM   #516
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
What's up with a lot of people now loving 1/5 scale?? It's always been 1/4 or go home. 1/5 is the new poor mans way into collecting as I see it. PF's (1/4) are now priced towards $500/$600 and are out of reach for some of the collectors. That leaves a gap in SS's income which needs to be filled. Hence the 1/5 scale statues. If you look at the price point on these, they're the price of a 1/4 scale PF from 3 years ago...

Not saying these statues aren't pretty, just wished more people would see the underlying business strategy they're pushing forward.
I'd like to think many of us are aware. I know I'm very curious about the price points for these pieces.

I was a big fan of the 1/5 comiquettes back in the day, but some questionable choices killed its momentum. For instance, having 1/5 Iceman, Modern Colossus, and Modern Beast when people were waiting on new 1/4 scale 90s X-Men.

I'm happy to see the line return to glory, but the price point will determine my investment.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:23 AM   #517
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah, it's going to be interesting seeing the price of these ones.
I don't have scale concerns as long as the display has some kind of internal coherence.
For what it's worth, yeah, I think that price points and lack of space brought people to their senses when it comes to scales, I too recall there was a good amount of trained monkeys blabbering "1:4 or fail" back then, pretty much like "Ex or fail".
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #518
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I don't have anything against 1/5 scale per say. There are some amazing 1/5 scale pieces. But as someone with a 1/4 collection, I find that 1/5 scale pieces really stick out for their inconsistent size. So at this stage I'm not planning to invest in any more 1/5 pieces for my collection. I guess I should be glad that Sideshow is planning to do more 1/5 scales then, because I have way too many PO's already, haha! This line looks absolutely amazing in terms of concept, sculpt, design, etc. But yeah, I have to start sticking to my rules.

This pic (not mine) sums up the problem I have with 1/5 scale pieces.

It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #519
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I don't have anything against 1/5 scale per say. There are some amazing 1/5 scale pieces. But as someone with a 1/4 collection, I find that 1/5 scale pieces really stick out for their inconsistent size. So at this stage I'm not planning to invest in any more 1/5 pieces for my collection. I guess I should be glad that Sideshow is planning to do more 1/5 scales then, because I have way too many PO's already, haha! This line looks absolutely amazing in terms of concept, sculpt, design, etc. But yeah, I have to start sticking to my rules.

This pic (not mine) sums up the problem I have with 1/5 scale pieces.

As a collector of 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, and 1/10, the solution is displaying like with like. Put that Kratos with other 1/5 scale statues like Dead Space's Isaac Clarke and they both look amazing. Even have him by himself and it's gravy.

If you want the God of War to lose his presence, then of course place him side-by-side with a 1/4 Red Sonja or bigger. The same thing would happen to a 1/4 Iron Man if you placed him next to a couple Legendary Scale statues.

My point is that pic doesn't illustrate a real problem to me - just an issue with layout. Unless you've got only one compartment for your statues, then things might get problematic.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #520
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
As a collector of 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, and 1/10, the solution is displaying like with like. Put that Kratos with other 1/5 scale statues like Dead Space's Isaac Clarke and they both look amazing. Even have him by himself and it's gravy.

If you want the God of War to lose his presence, then of course place him side-by-side with a 1/4 Red Sonja or bigger. The same thing would happen to a 1/4 Iron Man if you placed him next to a couple Legendary Scale statues.

My point is that pic doesn't illustrate a real problem to me - just an issue with layout. Unless you've got only one compartment for your statues, then things might get problematic.
As I said that wasn't my photo, I was just using it to illustrate a point. I just find that sticking to 1/4 keeps things neater because consistency of size is something that I really value in my collection. There are of course many different ways to collect, and none of them are wrong. Different scales really stick out to me and bother me. But I'm sure there are many people who don't mind at all.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote