Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #11
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'm a huge Wally West (original) fan. I loved him as Kid Flash and then after COIE when he took over the mantle after Barry Died. His adventures were great. His supporting cast was fantastic and he is simply a more interesting character than Barry ever will be. I hated the New 52 because my Wally was gone, though he was gone before that when Barry was brought back in Final Crisis. DC had ---- on this character that sold very well for them for over 2 decades. Than Rebirth and geoff Johns brought him back YAY. Wally has been searching for a identity ever since his return in DC Rebirth and with stories I the Titans & Flash he was making some headway. Now lets murder him and Roy off panel no less and blame Booster or Harley for it. Neither character would murder that many or could. I'm curious to see how this plays out. Hopefully Barry will die again and Wally will return, maybe in Doomsday Clock. I can hope
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
I'm a huge Wally West (original) fan. I loved him as Kid Flash and then after COIE when he took over the mantle after Barry Died. His adventures were great. His supporting cast was fantastic and he is simply a more interesting character than Barry ever will be. I hated the New 52 because my Wally was gone, though he was gone before that when Barry was brought back in Final Crisis. DC had ---- on this character that sold very well for them for over 2 decades. Than Rebirth and geoff Johns brought him back YAY. Wally has been searching for a identity ever since his return in DC Rebirth and with stories I the Titans & Flash he was making some headway. Now lets murder him and Roy off panel no less and blame Booster or Harley for it. Neither character would murder that many or could. I'm curious to see how this plays out. Hopefully Barry will die again and Wally will return, maybe in Doomsday Clock. I can hope
Really. What the hell was this all about then? I've spent time & money following this Wally-come-back story for almost 2 years now. All that to just kill him w/o any conclusion! Shortsighted & insulting to those of us invested in his return.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #13
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Really. What the hell was this all about then? I've spent time & money following this Wally-come-back story for almost 2 years now. All that to just kill him w/o any conclusion! Shortsighted & insulting to those of us invested in his return.
Indeed a bit of a F%$K You to the fans. We shall see how this plays out.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:07 AM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The only good thing about Rebirth was Wally’s return. Well, and the original Superman. Nice job, DC.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:05 AM   #15
Augen
The Hulk

For me Rebirth will be judged on Doomsday Clock and its aftermath. The potential is there to make things right in my eyes.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #16
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
For me Rebirth will be judged on Doomsday Clock and its aftermath. The potential is there to make things right in my eyes.
I agree with that. Wally’s death doesn’t necessarily mean he’s gone for good. Could be a bait move on DC’s part to get attention, then they’ll fix more of they’re past screw ups....which have been numerous.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #17
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I have thought of that as well, that after the end of Doomsday Clock the DC universe will be "fixed" and Wally will be a adult with Linda and the kids. I'm hoping Geoff won't let this happen to Wally.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:15 AM   #18
Gothamite
Phoenix

I love the confession pages.

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Wow, Poison Ivy died, too???
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:23 AM   #19
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am still wondering if Wally is not dead. Can the Flashes not control every atom or molecule in their body to simulate death. Am I crazy because for some reason I think that I remember reading this somewhere. I remember when Wally came back after in the Lightning Saga (JLA/JSA Crossover in the late 2000's) he tracked down Inertia (who had killed Bart at the time) and stole the Speed Force from him to make him into a living statue. I am wondering if Wally did this to himself or if someone did it too him. I know this is a wacky theory but I think it would be possible.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:19 PM   #20
XSE
Nightwing

Potential Spoiler.....

I just read that Wally is actually the murderer in HiC. He snapped from the recent loss of his family yet again in the Flash War story and killed everyone at Sanctuary. Absolutely horrendous storytelling, and if this is true, I will never buy another DC comic.
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote