Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #221
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I got burned. Paid full jam for Mysterio and I’ve seen him at $600 CAD!!! The XM spidey villains are amazing but they die hard in aftermarket. Vulture, Kraven, Mysterio...all well under retail. I’m still waiting on a great deal on Lizard. It will come.
I think you'll find this is only a short term scenario.

Once these statues get into collectors hands they will be very hard to acquire and as such, the price will go up.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:26 PM   #222
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I got burned. Paid full jam for Mysterio and I’ve seen him at $600 CAD!!! The XM spidey villains are amazing but they die hard in aftermarket. Vulture, Kraven, Mysterio...all well under retail. I’m still waiting on a great deal on Lizard. It will come.
The smart money to to wait on 99% of these preorders unless it's a A lister. Even then, the piece should be stunning and not a run of the mill. The reason most of XM's products loosing steam after release is that the characters are second or third tier, and the high price.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:35 PM   #223
immortalblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I think you'll find this is only a short term scenario.

Once these statues get into collectors hands they will be very hard to acquire and as such, the price will go up.
I don't think that's going to be the case in this current market because of the over saturation of products from many companies. Add to that the high price and people are more selective now than ever specially when the companies are taking money out of the aftermarket with the high prices. There are only so many people willing to pay $1000 for second or third tier characters.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #224
immortalblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yeah... I use to have the same perception and then I received my first custom and then several more. It's been a great experience so far. Some amazing groups out there and folks with a great eye for art direction.

In regards to the XM pricing woes, one of my guys is giving some thought to dropping them. Just tired of folks skipping out on orders and doesn't think it's really worth the cost given the little profit they generate.
I'm surprised to hear people are willing to forgo a few hundred bucks and drop their preorders. Then again it's better to lose $400 than have to cough up another $800 - $900 including shipping. The seller shouldn't lose any money considering he/she got the non refundable deposit.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:32 AM   #225
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
I'm surprised to hear people are willing to forgo a few hundred bucks and drop their preorders. Then again it's better to lose $400 than have to cough up another $800 - $900 including shipping. The seller shouldn't lose any money considering he/she got the non refundable deposit.
True, but there would still a balance owed to XM. It's no different than me pre-ordering a bunch of Sideshow pieces at my LCS and the skipping town. The LCS keeps my deposit but they still have to come up with the funds to pay Sideshow (assuming SS extends a line of credit to authorized resellers)
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:28 PM   #226
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
I don't think that's going to be the case in this current market because of the over saturation of products from many companies. Add to that the high price and people are more selective now than ever specially when the companies are taking money out of the aftermarket with the high prices. There are only so many people willing to pay $1000 for second or third tier characters.
Except for the fact that because it's a second or third tier character, these are likely to become the ultimate statue of said character.

I doubt there will be a better 1/4 Mysterio ever. Hence, if anyone wants to setup a Spider-Man rouges gallery, he'll be the one collectors look for.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #227
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Just my take...Scorp is a fantastic Spiderman villain… Anyone who is into Spiderman rogues knows that the only other statue of him out there is Bowen’s. XM’s offering looks very damn impressive… I ordered him right off and can’t wait to get it. Definitely displaying him with the classic head!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #228
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Except for the fact that because it's a second or third tier character, these are likely to become the ultimate statue of said character.

I doubt there will be a better 1/4 Mysterio ever. Hence, if anyone wants to setup a Spider-Man rouges gallery, he'll be the one collectors look for.
These are the definite statues of these characters no doubt but they won’t hold the value of $1000-$1100 that’s including shipping into the price. There has already been proof of that with numerous xm pieces. I’m confident I can get this for $800-$900 shipped eventually
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #229
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

I had that bowen. for its time it was the definite scorpion statue to have, but this is on another level. gotta have this and mysterio. id like to see a green goblin or hobgoblin from xm, but hopefully nothing like ive seen from sideshow which is a mess.
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:20 AM   #230
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
These are the definite statues of these characters no doubt but they won’t hold the value of $1000-$1100 that’s including shipping into the price. There has already been proof of that with numerous xm pieces. I’m confident I can get this for $800-$900 shipped eventually
Not going to say you won't be able to get a deal on this down the road, but keep in mind their new MTO edition sizes. Mysterio, Kraven, Sandman all had fairly high ES for those characters...Scorpion could be much lower.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote