Ringwraith of Forod

It is up for PO.

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/...a%20Newsletter
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

It's Forod not Frodo.

Also, looks like we are at PF prices now for 1/6 stuff from weta. Not a good trend.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It's Forod not Frodo.

Also, looks like we are at PF prices now for 1/6 stuff from weta. Not a good trend.
LOL! Oops...fixed it. Thanks!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #4
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That looks great,Weta is doing some terrific work,might have to bite as I want more Ringwraiths
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #5
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

This ones a real head scratcher. The Dol Guldur Witch King, at $350, is still available over a year after pre-ordering began. So they follow that one up with a secondary Ringwraith at $500 a pop? I think I'm going to hold off on this one until Weta's 2018 Black Friday sale when they're trying to get rid of these at 50% off.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #6
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
This ones a real head scratcher. The Dol Guldur Witch King, at $350, is still available over a year after pre-ordering began. So they follow that one up with a secondary Ringwraith at $500 a pop? I think I'm going to hold off on this one until Weta's 2018 Black Friday sale when they're trying to get rid of these at 50% off.
Weta is price drunk lately, increases are getting out of hand.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #7
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Weta is price drunk lately, increases are getting out of hand.
Agreed. Their prices have shot up by a good 30-35% in the last year alone.They were wise to recently add a flex pay option, but even that's not going to save them when they start charging $500 for 1/6 scale statues.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #8
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Keep in mind, while prices have escalated edition sizes have declined as interest wains the further we get away from the films. The alternative is likely nothing at all same as when the Sideshow/Weta partnership died after LOTR faded from memory. So while $499 is a lot I'll take that over the alternative.

I'd also add the quality seems to have gone up considerably. MoS for example is simply on another level, paint apps and likenesses have improved dramatically and the new product boxes are a work of art unto themselves.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #9
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Agreed. Was thinking that also. With the last movie being a while, havent heard much out in the public.

Wonder if they could do games like Shadow of War pieces.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Keep in mind, while prices have escalated edition sizes have declined as interest wains the further we get away from the films. The alternative is likely nothing at all same as when the Sideshow/Weta partnership died after LOTR faded from memory. So while $499 is a lot I'll take that over the alternative.

I'd also add the quality seems to have gone up considerably. MoS for example is simply on another level, paint apps and likenesses have improved dramatically and the new product boxes are a work of art unto themselves.
You forgot to mention the Eowyn statue whose dress Weta inexplicably painted a greyish/green instead of white. The Galadriel statue with a gap between the arm and body that rivals the Grand Canyon. The terrible paint app's on the armor featured on the Dain on Ironfoot statue, a paint job that didn't even remotely resemble that of the prototype. And nothing screams quality like my Elven Warrior, the hair on my Eowyn, or Azog's wrist.

No doubt, the intricacy/complexity of their statues has gone up. The prices have definitely gone up, to say the least. But the quality....not a chance from where I'm looking. And I am not a casual Weta/LOTR collector. I own every LOTR/Hobbit statue, environment, and bust they've produced since they re-acquired the LOTR licence and obtained the Hobbit licence, with the exception of 5 statues. And I don't think the quality is even remotely on par with what it was a few years ago.

As for Weta's new pricing, they can charge whatever they want and that's fine with me. I'll simply wait for statues like this one to bomb, and buy it when Weta inevitably puts it on sale for 50%, just like they've done with most of their statues in recent years. Which of course brings up another question....if costs have gone up so much in the past year or so, how is it that Weta doesn't seem to have a problem with slashing their prices in half during their monster sales? It's pretty scary to think what the mark up on these statues are when Weta can afford to slash the price by 50% and still make a ton money on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4076.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	109062   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4253.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	109063   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4051.jpg
Views:	21