Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-07-2022, 09:49 AM   #71
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Had a lot of trouble finding this thread lol… Anyways there was a video on XM Facebook appears to be assembly video for a production piece. Looks pretty good, I’ve been waiting a while for this one!
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:38 PM   #72
soloner
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Had a lot of trouble finding this thread lol? Anyways there was a video on XM Facebook appears to be assembly video for a production piece. Looks pretty good, I?ve been waiting a while for this one!
Me too! Should be getting close now. Looking forward to pairing him with Black Adam.
soloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 03:26 PM   #73
soloner
Frackin!

For those who know more than me, how long of a delay is it when you order from a middleman than straight from the company? For instance, some have the XM Shazam in hand, but the company I ordered from hasn’t even received it.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:58 PM   #74
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloner View Post
For those who know more than me, how long of a delay is it when you order from a middleman than straight from the company? For instance, some have the XM Shazam in hand, but the company I ordered from hasn?t even received it.
My grey market dealer just shipped mine yesterday.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 08:59 PM   #75
soloner
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
My grey market dealer just shipped mine yesterday.
Hey, thanks for the response. Yeah, I guess it just depends then. Black Adam shipped fairly quick from the same dealer, but Shazam is another story. Guess my wait continues.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:35 AM   #76
soloner
Frackin!

Looks to be several people who received this that are saying there is an issue with the cape going on properly causing a noticeable gap in between the cape and hood. Hope this something they are working to fix before mine comes in.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:10 AM   #77
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloner View Post
Looks to be several people who received this that are saying there is an issue with the cape going on properly causing a noticeable gap in between the cape and hood. Hope this something they are working to fix before mine comes in.
Worse than what it looks like in the assembly video?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:11 AM   #78
soloner
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Worse than what it looks like in the assembly video?
Went back and watched, and yeah there is a gap there in the assembly video too. These are the pics shared on Facebook. Pronounced gap for sure, but hard to compare with the video. Some say the cape was hard to get seated right. XM recommended using a hair dryer on the shoulders of the cape, but no one responded if it helped or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55D9F327-BB35-4C84-9CD5-0CCD673FAAD3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	151513   Click image for larger version

Name:	D1EC9A68-C372-4329-934D-D642CA552AEC.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	151514   Click image for larger version

Name:	0FAD2DAD-25D7-4F45-9300-23DECD37DED2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	151515  
Old 07-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #79
Zinnk
Frackin!

I received mine a couple of weeks ago and I had similar issues with the cape.

It's a nightmare to assemble: had to use a hair dryer, a filer and lots and lots of patience! The cape now sits flush on his body, but there's still a gap between the hood and the cape. I don't have a problem with this gap, as the statue is on my top-shelf (I think it needs to be placed higher-up anyway because of the pose) so that gap is barely noticeable.

The problems that I have here are:
- Even with me being patient and extra careful (I think it took more than one hour to get this right) I still caused some minor damage to the statue. Basically, scuffs around his neck area every time I tried to see if the cape fits. I'm lucky that these scratches are hidden by the cape, but trust me, I wanted to throw the damned thing out the window so many times ...
- Because the statue was a nightmare to assemble, I will never-ever use the swap-out parts here. I'm worried that if I take out the cape I'll bring more damage to that neck area, so I won't be able to enjoy the alternate portrait and the "hooded" pose

To wrap things up, this was a bittersweet experience. The statue is great: the paint, the pose, the sculpt it pairs great with Black Adam ... buuuuuuut XM really dropped the ball on these last two 1/6 releases. Why do I need a hair dryer and some hardware tools in order to assemble a statue? According to XM, these are “handcrafted, hand-painted luxury art collectables”. It’s the only luxury art-collectable (that I know of) that you can only enjoy with a hair dryer! And I get it, some things might go bad during production, and some things are not caught during QC … but don’t tell us that we need hair driers to fix our statues or that “Selina uses make-up, that’s why her portrait looks like that”. Acknowledge that you made a mistake and try to do better next time.

I have 14 statues in the 1\6 line from XM, but because of these QC issues, and the steep increase in pricing I’m going to think twice before purchasing any new pieces. Out of the last 5 sixth scale PO’s I only bought one (Swamp Thing); if not for these issues I would’ve shelled out for 2 maybe 3 more (Zatanna & Supergirl & maybe Doomsday). I know that I’m just a drop in the ocean when it comes to sales, but that’s how you slowly lose a customer.
Zinnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:24 PM   #80
soloner
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnk View Post
I received mine a couple of weeks ago and I had similar issues with the cape.

It's a nightmare to assemble: had to use a hair dryer, a filer and lots and lots of patience! The cape now sits flush on his body, but there's still a gap between the hood and the cape. I don't have a problem with this gap, as the statue is on my top-shelf (I think it needs to be placed higher-up anyway because of the pose) so that gap is barely noticeable.

The problems that I have here are:
- Even with me being patient and extra careful (I think it took more than one hour to get this right) I still caused some minor damage to the statue. Basically, scuffs around his neck area every time I tried to see if the cape fits. I'm lucky that these scratches are hidden by the cape, but trust me, I wanted to throw the damned thing out the window so many times ...
- Because the statue was a nightmare to assemble, I will never-ever use the swap-out parts here. I'm worried that if I take out the cape I'll bring more damage to that neck area, so I won't be able to enjoy the alternate portrait and the "hooded" pose

To wrap things up, this was a bittersweet experience. The statue is great: the paint, the pose, the sculpt it pairs great with Black Adam ... buuuuuuut XM really dropped the ball on these last two 1/6 releases. Why do I need a hair dryer and some hardware tools in order to assemble a statue? According to XM, these are ?handcrafted, hand-painted luxury art collectables?. It?s the only luxury art-collectable (that I know of) that you can only enjoy with a hair dryer! And I get it, some things might go bad during production, and some things are not caught during QC ? but don?t tell us that we need hair driers to fix our statues or that ?Selina uses make-up, that?s why her portrait looks like that?. Acknowledge that you made a mistake and try to do better next time.

I have 14 statues in the 1\6 line from XM, but because of these QC issues, and the steep increase in pricing I?m going to think twice before purchasing any new pieces. Out of the last 5 sixth scale PO?s I only bought one (Swamp Thing); if not for these issues I would?ve shelled out for 2 maybe 3 more (Zatanna & Supergirl & maybe Doomsday). I know that I?m just a drop in the ocean when it comes to sales, but that?s how you slowly lose a customer.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Seems to be the consensus when it comes to this statue. Definitely seems to be something XM needs to look into. Haven?t received mine, but no way I?ll put up with that for the money spent on this. Definitely seems quality control is lacking here for sure.