Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 05-07-2022, 12:14 AM   #401
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

niiice!
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:09 AM   #402
Augen
The Hulk

The Wonder Woman centerpiece arrived in the form of Infinity Studios 1:1 bust. I know I'm about a year behind Asian collectors as I waited on Sideshow to get this to me.

First off, the likeness is simply staggering. I don't know if film can convey all the detail in this piece. On the advice of another collector I tried a camera as opposed to phone to try (key word, try) to capture this piece. Lighting isn't the best so have to take my word that it looks amazing.

Overall I love it! You will immediately notice I don't have the tiara on, why? Well...I don't know how to manage it alone. The long hair and the fine motor skills to cinch it in the back made me give up (for now) as I really didn't want to pull any hair out. Speaking of hair, this is it right our of the box with the net off. I've never had long hair so not sure about styling it. Something to look into, I still think it is stunning out of the box and as crazy as the price was you do feel the intense quality all around. It genuinely feels like Gal Gadot beyond even what I've seen in something like a wax museum.

I got up close because these eyes are phenomenal!

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:10 AM   #403
Augen
The Hulk

Question

Experiment

Taking pictures with a camera as opposed to phone of recent additions.

Thoughts?
Old 05-11-2022, 10:15 AM   #404
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think some better lighting will make those shots really pop! Maybe try a portable light of some kind or try to take them in some natural lighting. Play around with it.

I miss the old house I lived in where I took all of my pics. I haven't found a good spot with natural lighting to take pictures of my new additions yet.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:19 AM   #405
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I think some better lighting will make those shots really pop! Maybe try a portable light of some kind or try to take them in some natural lighting. Play around with it.

I miss the old house I lived in where I took all of my pics. I haven't found a good spot with natural lighting to take pictures of my new additions yet.
Thank you for the advice. I'm not a photographer at all, but I know how much light matters. Will see what i can do to better show pieces off.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:56 PM   #406
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The Wonder Woman centerpiece arrived in the form of Infinity Studios 1:1 bust. I know I'm about a year behind Asian collectors as I waited on Sideshow to get this to me.

First off, the likeness is simply staggering. I don't know if film can convey all the detail in this piece. On the advice of another collector I tried a camera as opposed to phone to try (key word, try) to capture this piece. Lighting isn't the best so have to take my word that it looks amazing.

Overall I love it! You will immediately notice I don't have the tiara on, why? Well...I don't know how to manage it alone. The long hair and the fine motor skills to cinch it in the back made me give up (for now) as I really didn't want to pull any hair out. Speaking of hair, this is it right our of the box with the net off. I've never had long hair so not sure about styling it. Something to look into, I still think it is stunning out of the box and as crazy as the price was you do feel the intense quality all around. It genuinely feels like Gal Gadot beyond even what I've seen in something like a wax museum.

I got up close because these eyes are phenomenal!

niiice!
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 08:58 PM   #407
Augen
The Hulk

One of my favorite video game characters arrives with Aloy from Horizon in 1:4 from Prime 1. Love this piece, I was a little nervous about the bow string, but assembly went smoothly.

Need to figure out a video game piece section now in my collection.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:12 PM   #408
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Wow, tons of detail! I plan on starting Horizon Zero Dawn on PC soon
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:09 AM   #409
ukshaun
Hercules

So many small details in that piece.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:26 AM   #410
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Congratz... this piece is really a „looking at it for hours“. Excited to see your video game section soon here.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote