Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 08-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #21
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Damn, impressive. I'm a fan of the industrial look. Jealous of the space you are working with.

How high off of the ground are your lower shelves and what's the measurement in between your 1/4 scale shelves? They look to be around 30" or more.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:17 PM   #22
SONICobra
Bane

thanks, i was very specific in what i wanted for a dipslay room when buying a house i really lucked out with this - even though it required a tremendous amount of work to get it to this point

the bottom shelves are all 14" off the floor, 12" for the guyver shelf because i needed both shelves on that unit to have 35" of display space

the marvel / dc shelves are 33" top / 35" bottom

the hellboy/guts / star wars/movie shelf is 38" top / 30" bottom
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #23
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thanks, i was very specific in what i wanted for a dipslay room when buying a house i really lucked out with this - even though it required a tremendous amount of work to get it to this point

the bottom shelves are all 14" off the floor, 12" for the guyver shelf because i needed both shelves on that unit to have 35" of display space

the marvel / dc shelves are 33" top / 35" bottom

the hellboy/guts / star wars/movie shelf is 38" top / 30" bottom
Thanks for confirming and sharing pics.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #24
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Wow. That looks terrific!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:11 PM   #25
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi Sonic, are the pipes schedule 40 or 80? You gave me a good idea for what I want in my library room. I'm wondering if the pipes may support a ladder if I do it right.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:20 AM   #26
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Impressive. So many great pieces and each shelf is organized well. Loving the modern look. 1/4th madness. Lots of dusting tho, u using air purifiers?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #27
adee
Green Arrow

Amazing collection and really well displayed. Love it!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #28
SONICobra
Bane

thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
Hi Sonic, are the pipes schedule 40 or 80? You gave me a good idea for what I want in my library room. I'm wondering if the pipes may support a ladder if I do it right.
sorry, im not sure what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Impressive. So many great pieces and each shelf is organized well. Loving the modern look. 1/4th madness. Lots of dusting tho, u using air purifiers?
thanks yeah trying a medical grade air purifier right now, should be here in a day or two. figured i would give that a shot before i spend thousands of dollars on plexiglass and a ton of time engineering how i would attach them to the units. i had some ideas going into it but after the money dried up i kind of wrote them off. theres a couple other issues i have with the glass panels so im really hoping this works
Old 08-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #29
Mister H
Green Goblin

You can really nail a closed display. V and CWalker both have a cool set up. I'm a fan of open displays myself. IMO, sculpture is supposed to be viewed in the round. While you can't see the backs of statues most of the time, seeing them from the front and both sides is important, glass or plexi gives too much glare as well.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:11 AM   #30
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
You can really nail a closed display. V and CWalker both have a cool set up. I'm a fan of open displays myself. IMO, sculpture is supposed to be viewed in the round. While you can't see the backs of statues most of the time, seeing them from the front and both sides is important, glass or plexi gives too much glare as well.
that was my main issue (aside from the cost) after seeing how much glare i was getting on my framed pictures and the cases at conventions in videos i was scared i would spend all this money and hate them