Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-10-2022, 05:00 PM   #261
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Beat it? Depending on how much you like the statue
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #262
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:57 PM   #263
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgo! View Post
Every time a new statue comes out, we try to match the portrait to the likeness of a known actress or model.

I'm wondering if the sculptor, during his creative process, does that consciously. I mean, did Will Harbottle set out to have Zatanna look like Denise Richards (or whoever else) or is it just pure coincidence that the end product kinda looks like her ?

I would imagine some sculptors would find inspiration in female celebrities. And even if some sculptors don't it's natural that we all find resemblances in these portraits.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:34 AM   #264
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I would imagine Mr. Harbottle listened to Michael Jackson songs while sculpting

So sad! Really love this piece other than the MJ portrait.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:54 AM   #265
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post

So sad! Really love this piece other than the MJ portrait.
No. What's so sad, tiring, repetitive, naive, silly, shortsighted, is people who actually believe this sh!t, and go out of their way to peddle it. So fcking sad.

A beautiful sculpt, but if you choose to walk(?), be mindful of the senseless squawk.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #266
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
No. What's so sad, tiring, repetitive, naive, silly, shortsighted, is people who actually believe this sh!t, and go out of their way to peddle it. So fcking sad.

A beautiful sculpt, but if you choose to walk(?), be mindful of the senseless squawk.
Your comments made no sense.

The statue and concept are beautiful; the portrait ruined it for ME. If you like the portrait as well then that's great and I'm happy for you. To me, I'd have liked it to resemble Denise Richards, as some have claimed it does but I simply don't see it. This is MJ all the way. There is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:21 PM   #267
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
Your comments made no sense.

The statue and concept are beautiful; the portrait ruined it for ME. If you like the portrait as well then that's great and I'm happy for you. To me, I'd have liked it to resemble Denise Richards, as some have claimed it does but I simply don't see it. This is MJ all the way. There is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion.
Comments made no sense? No, you commenting and projecting homophobic nonsense makes no sense, especially with this gorgeous creature.

Portrait "ruins" this statue? Really? Let's play pretend with a slice of life, & try to shed some light on the nonsensical, and the uptight.

If you were approached by this beautiful gal in a bar, & she invited you back for a magical ride in her car, would you decide to pass on it? Cause if you did(?), you'd be considered an idiot.

No manly congratulatory slaps on the back for your MJ stance, because given half the chance, 99% of the guys here would hump this chick every which way, including sideways,.......................while doing the moon walk. And that's just a hard fact Jack.

But the loudest few (1%), who comically have a weird MJ view, and will pass on this thing, will cry the loudest & the longest? Now that makes little sense, when you consider the horny 99%.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:27 PM   #268
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

He doesn't like the statue because it looks like MJ, it's really not a big deal
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 02:50 PM   #269
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Comments made no sense? No, you commenting and projecting homophobic nonsense makes no sense, especially with this gorgeous creature.

Portrait "ruins" this statue? Really? Let's play pretend with a slice of life, & try to shed some light on the nonsensical, and the uptight.

If you were approached by this beautiful gal in a bar, & she invited you back for a magical ride in her car, would you decide to pass on it? Cause if you did(?), you'd be considered an idiot.

No manly congratulatory slaps on the back for your MJ stance, because given half the chance, 99% of the guys here would hump this chick every which way, including sideways,.......................while doing the moon walk. And that's just a hard fact Jack.

But the loudest few (1%), who comically have a weird MJ view, and will pass on this thing, will cry the loudest & the longest? Now that makes little sense, when you consider the horny 99%.
I said none of that and made no such connotation. You are free, however, to interpret my small comment in any way that works for you. I really don't understand all the ranting and raving you are doing over absolutely nothing. My feeling towards a portrait should not threaten your own opinion of the portrait. Love it if you love it and if others don't agree with your perception of beauty then understand that is perfectly okay. As well, I'm sure you are aware that your stated "statistics" do not actually translate to reality but I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the matter.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:08 PM   #270
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I've been on the statue defending side (SS Psylocke) and collector opinions are just part of the hobby. For whatever reason folks see what they see.

I also see some Michael Jackson in the below picture. Maybe the production piece will set the story straight if not the piece.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote