Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Scream 6 (March.31st/2023)

starting this so my fellow Scream fans can discuss

hottest topic right now is Neve Campbell apparently not returning as Sidney due to salary dispute

I've seen many fans say they are OK with this, I personally am not, to me Scream is all about Sidney. I understand the last movie was a bit of a send-off for her (Killer wasn't targetting her, she only returned because of Dewey, other than that she has a happy life with husband and kids) so storywise I guess her not coming back makes sense, but I still dont like it, looking to hear what other fans think about this development
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:39 AM   #2
qz33
Doctor Doom

She's been lucky to have been in so many. Sidney is no Laurie Strode and Neve is no Jamie Lee Curtis.
I'm quite tired of her being the tent pole since she's older.

I like young and hot slasher victims...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:43 AM   #3
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
She's been lucky to have been in so many. Sidney is no Laurie Strode and Neve is no Jamie Lee Curtis.

I think its kind of refreshing to have older characters in slasher movies, its something original and different than the usual dumb teens get slashed apart, plus her story adds a lot of depth to the movies I think. Either way if 5 was her send-off then it does make sense storywise at least, and I guess it is a bit unrealistic to expect Neve back in every movie, but its clear they had a part for her it just didnt work out cause of the money (they just better not kill her 'off screen' in a throwaway line of dialogue)
Old 06-08-2022, 11:18 AM   #4
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:

I don't know. She was at Monsterpalooza last weekend and she looked pretty darn good to me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:35 AM   #5
qz33
Doctor Doom

The original Scream got it just right and of course is the best of the series.
Ghostface does not have the mystique and mysticism of Michael Myers to be a life long adversary.
Her story did add a lot to the past entries but now she's getting a bit long in the tooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I think its kind of refreshing to have older characters in slasher movies, its something original and different than the usual dumb teens get slashed apart, plus her story adds a lot of depth to the movies I think. Either way if 5 was her send-off then it does make sense storywise at least, and I guess it is a bit unrealistic to expect Neve back in every movie, but its clear they had a part for her it just didnt work out cause of the money (they just better not kill her 'off screen' in a throwaway line of dialogue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't know. She was at Monsterpalooza last weekend and she looked pretty darn good to me.
Not saying she would look bad just no appeal whatsoever. Women much past 30 can be nice looking but never "hot".
Old 06-08-2022, 11:38 AM   #6
qz33
Doctor Doom

Plus the salary thing is kinda snobby no matter what she says. Yeah I know she'd like to cash in but she hasn't been doing anything. Guys get paid not for what they did for a franchise but because there is competition for them to choose a project.
In 10 years time she will be thinking she passed on some easy money.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:44 AM   #7
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
The original Scream got it just right and of course is the best of the series.
Ghostface does not have the mystique and mysticism of Michael Myers to be a life long adversary.
Her story did add a lot to the past entries but now she's getting a bit long in the tooth.

Not saying she would look bad just no appeal whatsoever. Women much past 30 can be nice looking but never "hot".
Ghostface is different from Michael Myers though, Ghostface can be anyone, thats the allure, and usually who it ends up being always has ties to Sidney's character. Halloween, Friday the 13th etc have main characters, but the draw to fans is usually just Michael Myers or Jason, but with Ghostface since the killer changes every time the movies aren't really about Ghostface but more about the back story of Sidney, Scream movies usually have good character development which makes them different from the usual slashers.

Im surprised by the women over 30 can't be hot comment...have you seen Salma Hayek or Jennifer Connelly? they're still hot af

Quote:
Plus the salary thing is kinda snobby no matter what she says. Yeah I know she'd like to cash in but she hasn't been doing anything. Guys get paid not for what they did for a franchise but because there is competition for them to choose a project.
shes on that Netflix show, and has another project too I believe, shes definitely still working, enough to turn down Scream 6 at least. I think it makes sense, to most fans Neve/Sidney is the draw for these movies, to me at least, so I think her reasoning is valid, she brought a lot of value to these movies and should be compensated accordingly. I am happy Kirby from Scream 4 is returning at least. I just wonder if they knew Neve wouldn't be back for 6 if they would have still done to Dewey what they did in part 5...with Neve gone it would have been cool for Gail and Dewey to be the new "mentors" and maybe actually get to stay together for a while
Old 06-08-2022, 11:45 AM   #8
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
She's a series regular on a new David E Kelley Netflix series based on The Lincoln Lawyer. She's doing just fine.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:46 AM   #9
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Im surprised by the women over 30 can't be hot comment...have you seen Salma Hayek or Jennifer Connelly? they're still hot af
Agree 100%.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #10
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Ghostface is different from Michael Myers though, Ghostface can be anyone, thats the allure, and usually who it ends up being always has ties to Sidney's character. Halloween, Friday the 13th etc have main characters, but the draw to fans is usually just Michael Myers or Jason, but with Ghostface since the killer changes every time the movies aren't really about Ghostface but more about the back story of Sidney, Scream movies usually have good character development which makes them different from the usual slashers.

shes on that Netflix show, and has another project too I believe, shes definitely still working, enough to turn down Scream 6 at least. I think it makes sense, to most fans Neve/Sidney is the draw for these movies, to me at least, so I think her reasoning is valid, she brought a lot of value to these movies and should be compensated accordingly. I am happy Kirby from Scream 4 is returning at least. I just wonder if they knew Neve wouldn't be back for 6 if they would have still done to Dewey what they did in part 5...with Neve gone it would have been cool for Gail and Dewey to be the new "mentors" and maybe actually get to stay together for a while
I don't mind her being associated with the Scream movies and wish she was doing this new one but it just is so implausible for her to be in the center of the same set of circumstances it becomes comical. I think Scream 4 really realized this and didn't mind poking fun of itself for it. For me the Scream movies main story and Ghostface itself represents the evils of a media obsessed society no matter who is under the mask or under the knife.
Depending on her role I think she would add a lot to the movie even if just for nostalgic cameo but I would not want the movie to be the "Sydney Prescott story".

Quote:
She's a series regular on a new David E Kelley Netflix series based on The Lincoln Lawyer. She's doing just fine.
Didn't know she was so active I thought I remembered reading Scream 5 was her 1st return to acting.

No ill will towards Neve just don't like people turning down opportunities others would kill for. Even if she doesn't care about the money do it and donate to a worthy charity.

I remember Jamie Lee Curtis being asked on TV how being older has affected her role choices and she replied that she is just so glad to be working that she takes any and every job she can schedule.
I liked that. Any job is a blessing but being a star in show-biz is way more lotto than labor.

Quote:
Agree 100%.
They were all very nice in their prime and there's nothing wrong with what they look like now, but as far as dream boat babes, sorry guys they are old af now.