Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-05-2022, 06:23 PM   #1
Igo
Producer
Producer

Tweeterhead Survey - DC Product

Hey gang!

Been a minute since we last did some sort of forum survey, but I was hoping for some specific feedback from everyone here on some stuff... for those who love to share opinions

Got three things Im hoping to get some specific feedback on about Tweeterhead Product, specifically our DC product, past and present.

1) What do you think are Tweeterhead's most successful DC pieces? Doesnt mean you've purchased them personally, but just the most successful, art wise, hit a lot of good marks for yah, awesome unique pose, great balance of figure and base, it's just a GRAIL!, etc.

2) What do you think are Tweeterhead's projects that JUST missed the mark? Almost there for yah, but that one thing (or two) just made it a slight missed opportunity for yah. Like "Everything was awesome but man that face, ughs!"

3) What do think are Tweeterhead's biggest flops or missed opportunities? All around just a miss for yah... for those of you more blunt, just the "FAIL!"s.

Id love to hear specific feedback as to why. Not huge novels, just a sentence or two around each piece.

Hoping to avoid things about shipping delays, shipping prices, etc. Focusing just around the art, character selection, costume / version, base, pose, general execution, paint, ambition level, or price point of the statue itself.

Thanks gang! Got some plans for the future already cookin' but with how ever-changing this landscape is, I thought it'd be good to go back and do a post-mortem on a few pieces and hear from the collectors themselves.

xoxo
-Igo
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:54 PM   #2
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

1. Absolutely loves - Poison Ivy, Joker on throne (the BEST comic Joker I've ever seen), the new Harley and Scarecrow. I want a Batman and Catwoman as good as these pieces. One more absolute fav from the old 1.0 line is Starfire. We need a Raven and Zatanna that meshes well with her.

2. Missed the mark - the Ivy variant. Skin is too dark and I don't like how the hair matches the color of the base. One other mention is the 1/4 Pfeiffer Catwoman. I own her and love her, but she missed the perfect mark because of the eyes and eyeshadow. The eyes themselves are too small, as are the irises, but the eyeshadow missed the mark as well due to the paint application.

3. Not much to say in terms of flops, but one of the biggest missed opportunities is on the OG Wonder Woman and her awful neck seam. Never do that again.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #3
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

1. Super Powers Joker, Catwoman (mainly because nobody else is ever going to do that era's costume justice, if at all), the 1/6 Batman Returns Catwoman that I can't believe I sold (mainly because it didn't fit in with my collection), Martian Manhunter (not a huge fan of the character, but I can't imagine it being done any better)
2. Super Powers Superman (don't prefer the style this time or the first time when it was a 1/4 sideshow PF that this one bears a strong resemblance to in every way), Wonder Woman (neck seam)
3. I can't think of any that I have that extreme of an opinion towards. I put it up above because it really isn't THAT bad for me personally, but that Wonder Woman neck seam was a head scratcher. I'm sure that's something that won't happen again.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:32 PM   #4
myskye23
Hellboy

1. Joker on Throne is by far one of the best and creative piece to date from TH and the design fully encapsulates the character. Pfeiffer Catwoman, OG Joker, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, Poison Ivy and OG Hal Jordan are some of my absolute favorites! Superman 2.0 is genuinely one of the best (right up there with Prime 1 Hush Superman) sculpt and it fully embodies the character and it feels like he jumped straight out of the comic pages.

2. I feel that the new Wonder Woman is somewhat of a 'Miss' and that's only because the base seemed unnecessarily big. I feel that if she was just standing on top of a portion of Arie's statue (broken and crumbled) it would still tell the same story. She's in an epic and victorious pose so a broken and crumbled Aries statue would fit the sculpt just as well. Flash is also too buff and although the pose looks good, I think a more dynamic sculpt would've worked as well.

3. There isn't any 'flops' that I can recall and the Art Direction has mainly been really good to GREAT!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:43 PM   #5
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

1) 1/4 Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman and Starfire get the highest top marks for me. John Stewart is super impressive. I'd also toss in the Super Powers Joker and Harley along with muddy Dark Knight.

2) Donna Troy was nearly perfect, I'm just not as partial to that original red suit. The Troia black suit on the same exact sculpt would have been absolute perfection. Cheetah was decent, but didn't hit me on the level of the SSC PF (the application of your spots were far superior though). Ivy (peach skinned) was close to perfection, but she somehow didn't hit that "must buy" impulse for whatever reason. I'd also say the lack of a bearded portrait on the black suit Superman was a big miss.

3) I don't think you guys have done any complete flops or fails. Lots of pieces that aren't characters or costumes I care for, but they still look good. I understand that not everything has to be for me and my tastes. Keep up the great work!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:49 PM   #6
Mister H
Gen 13

1. Batman. Make more. Different versions (Elseworlds, costumes through the ages etc.) and keep the 1/6 and 1/4 thing going. IM0 you need at least two Batman statues a year. Put the attention to detail you’ve shown in MOTU and Supes and Black Adam 2.0 and you will always sell out.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #7
dechirico7
The Flash

1. Success: 1/4 Pfeiffer Catwoman (immaculate production, great design - isn't a copy of any scene, creative), Joker (first busy base that actually works well, over the top, but not stupidly over the top), classic Catwoman (an outfit we aren't sick to death of seeing)

2. Missed the mark: Poison Ivy (long portrait, not a fan of the chair design on this one), Harley, she is cute, but not as strong as Joker.

3. Flops: nothing
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #8
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

1. 1/4 Catwoman - she’s just amazing! I don’t think I have to say why, she’s just stunning.

2. Ivy. I love nearly all of it, but it’s odd how classic she was but then she didn’t have her gloves or boots. So, it was a weird ‘let’s do it as classic as possible’, but also ‘let’s do our own thing with it.’ That was a missed mark for me. I like artists interpretations, but small differences like that I find strange.

3. Scarecrow. I feel like he’s unnecessarily large for no real reason. Many here argued my ideas where stifling artists visions, but the size and price seems like it could have been reduced greatly and still been great. Also, again he was an odd ‘classic and interpreted’ version. The main face is alright, and the alt head is too classic for the body. That’s the short of it, my issues are in full in the Scarecrow thread.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:48 PM   #9
Bottled_Water
Birdman

1) Both the Superpowers and new Harley Quinn/Joker duo. They're both made to go together and look great, although I think the Superpowers' Joker/Harley compliment each other a little better thanks to the height difference and how neither one overpowers the other. However, I also have to give points to the Joker on throne for having more of a diorama style base. It looks less like a statue on a base and more like Joker in a scene. I think diorama bases should be more of a thing, especially at 1/6 scale.

2) The latest Wonder Woman. I have a nitpick with the fire on the base, specifically with how it encircles everything. I understand it was done to frame the edge but I think it comes off as being too perfect. I also think it doesn't blend with the rest of the statue, being only at the very bottom. Perhaps if there were some smaller fires scattered upwards there would be more cohesion. The rest of the statue looks great, especially Wonder Woman's serious portrait.

The latest scarecrow. Nitpick with the green smoke. Would have preferred it to be an orange colour which I think may have worked better with his warm colour pallet.

3) Total flop... The latest Batman. He's just a black silhouette, what gives? I mean I know he's usually in the shadows but that doesn't make a great statue (in my opinion).
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:51 PM   #10
FJC
Midnighter

1.) OG Joker was a fave of mine. Love the throne piece as well but the 2 portraits on the OG put it over the top for me.

2.) OG WW neck seam. Unsightly seams should be avoided at all costs.

3.) Biggest flop by far is that a classic Perez Deathstroke hasn't been released already. Need that in 1/6 & 1/4 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote