Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #381
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Maybe but just tired of seeing the same cycle with every release.

We get a post about the ship on the water heading to the state, people get excited.

We get a post about the ship in the port and statues awaiting clearance from customs.

Chad and Debbie both give expected shipment dates based on statues being at customs.

There is a delay in customs and thus a delay in shipping, or something happens that delays shipping.

Someone on the forums gets all worked up over the delay, and starts getting snarky and reposting or quoting what Chad and Debbie said the shipping day would be.

I get it, people get excited with the expectation of the statue finally being in their home. But come on unless you are brand new to the hobby, you gotta know delays are going to happen. Rubbing Chad and Debbie's face in it isn't helping anything. Even if the intent is "humor at the situation" it still reads as a backhand passive complaint over missing a stated deadline.

Ever think that the "good fun" might actually make them feel bad for missing what they said the shipping date would be? It's not "good fun" then is it?
Kebron you shouldn't take another member's post about a company too personal. I know that Chad and Debbie have been working late to try and get these shipped out. If you can't make light of a situation that you really have no control over then what should you do? Not that big a deal. I can safely say that the collectors of the Superpowers line are the least of the impatient bunch.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #382
Gothamite
Phoenix

I agree 1000% with Kebron. Some people turn threads into live journals about their wait for statues. It's as if they have nothing else to do but wait on the porch for deliveries.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #383
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
I started a post about future Titan statues to have some fun and distract us from the wait.

My hope was to get the Tweeterhead forum members engaging with each other and having some discussions, but it just seems wasted when everyone just posts "I ordered this". "Why hasn't this shipped yet?", "looks like another delay" , and "Here are my pictures".
I didn't want to derail a thread. Sent you a PM.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #384
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Kebron you shouldn't take another member's post about a company too personal. I know that Chad and Debbie have been working late to try and get these shipped out. If you can't make light of a situation that you really have no control over then what should you do? Not that big a deal. I can safely say that the collectors of the Superpowers line are the least of the impatient bunch.
I don't take it personal. Just tired of the cycle. We all know it's late, but we all know we will get it "soon". Just seems pointless to post comments about it cause it does nothing but point out that someone failed to deliver despite their best effort.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #385
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
I don't take it personal. Just tired of the cycle. We all know it's late, but we all know we will get it "soon". Just seems pointless to post comments about it cause it does nothing but point out that someone failed to deliver despite their best effort.
It also expresses enthusiasm for a piece. I doubt Chad & Debbie are impacted much by occasional needling about shipping delays. They know I support their company, and were very appreciative when I posted a booth tour of their SDCC offerings to youtube that's now bumping up on 10,000 views.

In the end, what's really important are the statues, and the highly positive reaction to their offerings.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #386
built2shred
Phoenix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghd-xL5gAjc
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #387
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So, that Superman statue. I love the EX but missed out. Anyone know if they have some kind of waitlist for the EX? I'd rather not buy on eBay.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #388
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Kebron’s statement is actually on point in regards to the pattern of entitlement posts we’ve seen in nearly every Tweeterhead thread when a statue enters the processing stage.

That said I’m certain nearmint’s post was misinterpreted as being one of those because he’s never been anything but positive and not known to make entitled or impatient posts.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #389
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Kebron just took things to the next level!!! He should watch one of nearmint's reviews / coverage of TH stuff to get to know how much this chap cares about TH and their superpowers line.
onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #390
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, that Superman statue. I love the EX but missed out. Anyone know if they have some kind of waitlist for the EX? I'd rather not buy on eBay.
NortherLad, I'd send an email to Debbie. Not sure how quickly she'll get back, she's been burning the midnight oil recently
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote