Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #31
whd
Suicide Squad

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot this was going on and I never think to check on the Byrne forum.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:13 PM   #32
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Sort of... over on his forum, he's been trying to, more or less, get his groove back, so he started a thread with some pencil practice and it turned into a bit more...

http://byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum...1&totPosts=661

It's been fun seeing him come up with these pages over the last few weeks. These are the X-Men like they should be, IMO! It would be nice if JB and Marvel could work something out, and do a kind of "elsewhen" series or something. I'd buy it, and I don't buy comics anymore.

Here's a thread with just the penciled pages for those of you who don't want to read through the other stuff...

http://byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum...N=1&totPosts=9

Enjoy!
You know what it is for me? As a kid, I would read the X-Men, and they seemed like grownups to me. These days many superheroes just seem not as grown up. I don't know if that makes sense or not lol
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:13 PM   #33
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
So this "fan fic" is up to issue 8 now. This issue features not only the X-Men, but the Avengers, and now, the Fantastic Four! Oh how I wish this was actually being published!

The latest page posted today...

Mannnnnn...I LOVED Byrne on FF. His Ben Grimm was the BEST
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #34
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Byrne has put nine issues on his site for your FREE viewing pleasure! I've been enjoying this project more than any comic I've followed in years, getting it a page or two at a time in serial format. It's been awesome!

It's our heroes just as they were when we left them in the glorious eighties. The classic team is back, Jean is alive, guest appearances by the Avengers and Fantastic Four (so far), Sauron, Magneto, Shaw, Sentinels, Sentinels, Sentinels, and the Phoenix storyline takes a shocking twist!

JB is taking a brief hiatus to rework some of the plot developments and issue 10 should be starting early April. If you're a fan of his or the X-Men, you owe it to yourself to check it out!

Vaultman - I agree with you on his FF run... Issues #242-244 make up one of my favorite comic stories ever... there were so many highlights.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #35
statman
Baron Zemo

A full dozen issues are posted now, and he's currently working on issue #17. Amazing! If only it were being published...
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #36
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

statman, I'm surprised there aren't a few more folks talking about it.

I'm hooked and can't wait to see what happens next!! Byrne knows how to set up the suspense... Things look bleak for our heroes after that last page.

Issue #13 page 1 is supposed to drop on Monday.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #37
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I cannot understand why John and Marvel cannot come to some kind of business agreement where this could be printed. Especially now that with so much emphasis being put on the entire X-Men line now
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #38
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I have been loving this as well. I started reading X-Men during his run so only fitting that this picks up at the end of it. He has been packing it with guest stars and a wide assortment of villains. It's quite good. I heard that last year he met with C.C.Cebulski from Marvel about the possibility of him doing some work at Marvel which has led speculation that this would be what was done. However Byrne has said on his own site that he has NO intention of even having these pages inked let alone printed as he is "Scratching a itch" Hopefully he will see that the fans want this and he and Marvel can agree to release it. I think he is still a bit mad over the cancellation of "The Hidden Years" by Quesada back in the day when it was selling quite well.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #39
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Any Hulk yet?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #40
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post
statman, I'm surprised there aren't a few more folks talking about it.

I'm hooked and can't wait to see what happens next!! Byrne knows how to set up the suspense... Things look bleak for our heroes after that last page.

Issue #13 page 1 is supposed to drop on Monday.

Yeah, I'm not sure why it's not a big topic of conversation. All I know is that I'm really digging it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I cannot understand why John and Marvel cannot come to some kind of business agreement where this could be printed. Especially now that with so much emphasis being put on the entire X-Men line now

I think Byrne has a trust issue with Marvel. See Kal-El's post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
I have been loving this as well. I started reading X-Men during his run so only fitting that this picks up at the end of it. He has been packing it with guest stars and a wide assortment of villains. It's quite good. I heard that last year he met with C.C.Cebulski from Marvel about the possibility of him doing some work at Marvel which has led speculation that this would be what was done. However Byrne has said on his own site that he has NO intention of even having these pages inked let alone printed as he is "Scratching a itch" Hopefully he will see that the fans want this and he and Marvel can agree to release it. I think he is still a bit mad over the cancellation of "The Hidden Years" by Quesada back in the day when it was selling quite well.

I think that has a lot to do with it. I don't think he feels that he trust Marvel to let him do it the way he wants without editorial screwing it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Any Hulk yet?

Not yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at some point. JB seems to be on board with using guest stars when it suits the story. Hopefully he'll continue to have an "itch to scratch" for many more issues.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote