Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #1031
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Edit: I did see the $4 flat rate shipping which is nice, but it's only UPS and I much prefer USPS. Underground Figures offers Priority Mail shipping for just a few cents more than UPS, it's much faster and I've had better experience with packages shipped that way. Plus I live right down the street from the post office if I miss it.
So far, all of my purchases were delivered thru USPS. They use FedEx to deliver to USPS, and in turn they deliver to my home using that $4 flat fee
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #1032
Venetica
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
So far, all of my purchases were delivered thru USPS. They use FedEx to deliver to USPS, and in turn they deliver to my home using that $4 flat fee
Oh it's Fedex, my bad. That sounds like Fedex Smartpost. I checked on BBTS and it says "$4 Flat Rate Shipping will be shipped through a variety of carriers." I suppose that means there's no guarantee that it will be handed off to the post office for final delivery.

Do you typically have to sign for your packages from them?
Venetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:38 PM   #1033
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Yes, its FedEx Smartpost, which is in alliance with USPS, which utilizes USPS as their final delivery. I don't think they use any other type of carrier but USPS with that name (FedEx Smart-post).

You might want to google FedEx Smart post to see if they use other carriers beside USPS, which I have yet to notice.

From what I can remember, I don't think I had to sign, but not sure.

PS: SmartPost is a “Last-Mile Delivery” partnership between FedEx and USPS, where FedEx will transport shipments and hand them off to a local USPS sorting facility for final delivery to the customer.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:52 PM   #1034
Venetica
Doh!

I am very familiar with Fedex Smartpost (as well as most domestic shipping methods). Smartpost is handed off to USPS for the final delivery. I also know that because of this, Smartpost can be delivered to PO boxes.

Since BBTS states that they cannot ship to PO boxes, and that the carriers can differ, that means that there is no guarantee that the final delivery is actually made by the post office.

I'm still leaning towards taking a leap of faith and ordering from Underground Figures. Priority Mail, estimated ship date is tomorrow, and their eBay store is very reputable. I'll mull it over at work tomorrow and make my decision then. Thanks for all the help, and apologies if I derailed the thread a bit
Venetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #1035
Mr. Roboto
Doh!

Has anyone with the fitting problem had any further updates from Sideshow?
I just got a customer satisfaction survey type thing which makes me think the ticket has been closed despite me telling them the problem has not been resolved...
Mr. Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #1036
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto View Post
Has anyone with the fitting problem had any further updates from Sideshow?
I just got a customer satisfaction survey type thing which makes me think the ticket has been closed despite me telling them the problem has not been resolved...
I got the same. I can’t get mine to fit even with their directions. I may be done with this line.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #1037
Mr. Roboto
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I got the same. I can’t get mine to fit even with their directions. I may be done with this line.
I'm not giving up just yet, the whole line is just too pretty.

I'm going to fire off another message tomorrow to chase them up and see what's going on. But if they don't replace my faulty mermaid... I'm done.
Mr. Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #1038
Urizen
Doh!

I had the issue where if I put the body in first the arms wouldn’t line up with the hands, and if I put the arms in first the body wouldn’t line up with the hole. I sent sideshow and email about the problem and I received the response that others have received with instructions on how to attach the body to the base. I emailed back that it didn’t work,and they emailed back letting me know I can exchange it, take a discount, or just return it. I asked for an exchange, but they did not have an eta on when replacement parts would come in.
Urizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #1039
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Just got mine from Secret Compass. I'm terrified to open it tonight.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #1040
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Just got mine from Secret Compass. I'm terrified to open it tonight.
Don't be afraid.
Thanks to that tool.

Its presence will be reassuring and useful.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote