Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #1
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Terminator 2 Hunter Killer Tank studio data

Hi all, I don't see a better spot to post this and before I try to start hopelessly nagging the people that were there for the movie, here goes:

After completing my jurassic park explorer builds and now finishing up a pegasus T2 HK aerial build, I'm getting the itch again to buy another pegasus HK tank to replace the one I lost, and to add lights this time around.

What I need is some knowledge about the original studio scale HK tanks, particularly where all lighting is located(I ask this because I found an image of a tank that was produced with two amber lights located near the bottom of the tank, curious if that's accurate)and very particularly how the lighting works. The movie scenes are hard to eyeball because of explosions, but I do see that the blue lights rotate around, and I think the red lights just flash(possibly a breathe/lighthouse effect) every 2-3 seconds, but I'm not certain if it's one light or several red lights on each side of the head, nor exactly what the pattern of flashing is, whether at same time or separate.

All I can find on google is two images of the studio tank, and I don't even know where my avatar comes from. I put it there back before my house burned down so the image I saved from the net is now lost along with my old computer. May I get some help on this matter whether by knowledge or a link?
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I think your avatar pic is from the collection of Bob Burns.

http://bobburns.mycottage.com/album/basement2.htm
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #3
Enforcer

Ah YES, that is where I got it. Thanks Cessna. Unfortunately the larger pic doesn't reveal anything to me but I did just learn that the image wasn't just a random photo, it's under copyright. Guess I'll be changing my avatar

Old 07-16-2018, 02:23 AM   #4
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Possibly in old Cinefex magazines there might be some pictures of the studio models in their glory but as for lighting video is the only real way to see sequence.

There is a lighting kit......
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Hunter-...FX_p_2995.html

What they based things on hard to say.
I have the chromed kit, one of these days I'll get to it.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #5
Enforcer

I have been entertaining the idea of rigging the tank with rotating turrets, body, and head through the use of servos but I think I just came to the conclusion that I need to just go ahead and buy another tank so I can see what is and isn't feasible. My first one was indeed the chrome edition but this time around I'm going regular edition. I just got done painting my aerial with chrome and it looks fantastic and just right.