Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 10-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #3241
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Congrats Jeremy. That looks fantastic. I am surprised that only 366 were made of Hela which could explained why she goes for alot now.
She looks great paired next Thor (I owned that statue at one point in time and it is a fantastic piece)

Did she go into the base without a problem. I remember when the statue came out that I was reading that some people who purchased it had to heat it up with a hair dryer to get it to go into the base.
Thanks! It took a bit of wiggling to get her in the base. I was about to pull a hairdryer out if the last attempt didn't work.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #3242
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Congrats...kept expecting the price to drop after the Thor Ragnarok movie, but that hasn't happened. One of the busts I regret letting go.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #3243
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Finally found a Hela that my wallet and I could agree with. Just my second full body Bowen. She looks amazing in person. #25/366
Are you going to build a Bowen Asgard display?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #3244
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

A while ago I sold my Captain America Bowen statue. It was the first Cap statue Randy did. Well, recently someone had one up for sale on Ebay and I regretted selling it and I placed a bid on it but not expecting to win. Well, no one bid higher than me and I ended up getting the statue for $111 (that included shipping).

The seller was advertising that he believed the autograph on the box was Randy's, which I have never seen his autograph so I have no idea if it is or not. However, when I got the statue and looked at the number, I was amazed to see that it is an "AP" with Randy's initials on it. Now I do believe that the initials are Randy's because I did own a Bowen Hulk statue before that had his initials on the bottom and they looked exactly the same. The seller never mentioned the number or the fact that it was an "AP" with Randy's initial's on it so I do think that he was not a collector.

Anyway, I was very happy to get this statue back in my collection and surprised to see the surprise at the bottom of the statue. I figure that this was sold through Rocky's Vault because I do remember at one time that you could pay extra for Randy to initial the statue at one time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	136054   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3693.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	136055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3691.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	136056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3692.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	136057  
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:30 PM   #3245
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
A while ago I sold my Captain America Bowen statue. It was the first Cap statue Randy did. Well, recently someone had one up for sale on Ebay and I regretted selling it and I placed a bid on it but not expecting to win. Well, no one bid higher than me and I ended up getting the statue for $111 (that included shipping).

The seller was advertising that he believed the autograph on the box was Randy's, which I have never seen his autograph so I have no idea if it is or not. However, when I got the statue and looked at the number, I was amazed to see that it is an "AP" with Randy's initials on it. Now I do believe that the initials are Randy's because I did own a Bowen Hulk statue before that had his initials on the bottom and they looked exactly the same. The seller never mentioned the number or the fact that it was an "AP" with Randy's initial's on it so I do think that he was not a collector.

Anyway, I was very happy to get this statue back in my collection and surprised to see the surprise at the bottom of the statue. I figure that this was sold through Rocky's Vault because I do remember at one time that you could pay extra for Randy to initial the statue at one time.
Glad to hear he's back in your collection. The initials on the base look like his. The odd thing is, I thought Randy always signed statues that he himself sculpted then would initial those that others sculpted.

Either way, you've got a nice statue. I have that one as well and it's still one of my favorites.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:42 PM   #3246
mmk123

Well the box is signed so maybe that is why he initialed the bottom. I was never sure what Randy's policy was about signing vs initialing but now that you bring it up that does sound familiar. I know the Hulk statue I had was digitally sculpted by someone else but Randy did sculpt the head and base so maybe that is why he only initialled the 2012 Hulk variant I had owned.

I am very happy to have this back. Have a few other characters I would like to get back in my collection that I sold but will only look for ones I can get at a good deal.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:45 PM   #3247
Mister H
Gen 13

Congrats, can't go wrong with a Bowen Cap.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #3248
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Are you going to build a Bowen Asgard display?
Nah, That would be too pricey. I have a couple pieces I would like to get but the right price will be the deciding factor.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:06 PM   #3249
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Congrats...looks like his initialing on the bottom. Not sure about the box. Cool, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:30 PM   #3250
mmk123

thanks guys-I figure it was probably a Vault purchase at one point in time. (Would be nice if the Vault was still around).