Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 11-16-2020, 03:48 PM   #61
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Very impressive. Love seeing them all together!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #62
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

nice Batman "nightmare" statue... did you got problems with the chains or painting problems caused by the chains or is everything fine and well constructed to avoing painting damage by the chains?
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:02 PM   #63
SONICobra
Batman

thanks guys

i was just really careful with the chains, went slow and didnt try to force anything. when i felt they got hung up i went back, readjusted then pulled them through again. ive since adjusted them a little more so you can see the robin on the right more now
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:29 PM   #64
Asgard
Deadman

Congratulations
The Batman shelf is awesome
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:11 PM   #65
Karnis
Blue Falcon

SONIC! Dude, your Batman shelf is awesome! WTH is that massive piece of architectural madness they're displayed on? Because those statues are huge! Congrats!
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:26 PM   #66
SONICobra
Batman

thanks fellas, the shelf unit is a little home brewed display unit i thought up while working part time at a home improvement store. i thought about doing a write up on how i built them but honestly while i was building them i kept changing things and coming up with new ideas so it would have taken too long. im making three more this spring and now that i have an idea of what im doing i might do a write up on how i built them if people are interested
Old 11-17-2020, 08:21 PM   #67
Karnis
Blue Falcon

That's cool...now I see the flanges, elbows and piping. Excellent. I did something similar on a much smaller scale a couple years ago, mounted a flange to the wall and used a couple of 90' elbows and a couple of short nipples to mount an Iron Man helmet to the display wall. Nice!
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #68
SONICobra
Batman

thanks brother

some quick weekend updates:
finally finished the riser for freeze so now the display has a little dimension and hes not hidden, scarecrow was a recent addition as well

next i finally got around to taking some pictures of my finished magneto helmet / portrait. i started this helmet years ago for the xm magneto, i sold the statue but kept this helmet in hopes SS would eventually get to him, well fast forward and here we are. i had to resize the helmet but for the most part it still worked out as i left some of the last minute fine tuning until it was ready to use

john ficchi (Vince-Vell) added the front ornament and painted the entire thing. i love the way it came out

Old 11-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #69
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

nice option to change the Magneto look. I like it.

The DC combo is also great. If you got a possibility try to lift all the statues up (putting a cube under the bases) accept the JOKER or lower the Joker with a custom base. I think this would make the charakters are fitting better in display level. Just an idea.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:50 PM   #70
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
nice option to change the Magneto look. I like it.

The DC combo is also great. If you got a possibility try to lift all the statues up (putting a cube under the bases) accept the JOKER or lower the Joker with a custom base. I think this would make the charakters are fitting better in display level. Just an idea.
thanks

its not the final display, this spring im building three more display units. the rogues and batman pf will have their own top shelf. the goal is to kind of have a 1/4 scale batman sanity display (although i had this idea way before the xm piece #batmanhipster )