Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-28-2020, 06:17 PM   #1061
Famiman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm considering getting my first Prime 1 statues and am trying to figure out what's the best way to get them here in US and haven't been keeping up with what stores are best nowadays (though I do see above in recent posts about Spec Fiction, Secret Compass, and BBTS being listed now). Last random things I've heard is Sideshow was having issues selling Prime 1 pieces, Prime 1 offering some cheaper but slower option to ship directly from them...

I looked into BBTS and they advertise $4 shipping. Does that apply for statues too? That seems like that might be the most economical.
Famiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:06 PM   #1062
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famiman View Post
I'm considering getting my first Prime 1 statues and am trying to figure out what's the best way to get them here in US and haven't been keeping up with what stores are best nowadays (though I do see above in recent posts about Spec Fiction, Secret Compass, and BBTS being listed now). Last random things I've heard is Sideshow was having issues selling Prime 1 pieces, Prime 1 offering some cheaper but slower option to ship directly from them...

I looked into BBTS and they advertise $4 shipping. Does that apply for statues too? That seems like that might be the most economical.
Seems Spec Fiction and Secret Compass are the way to go in the US. Don't trust BBTS and their "$4" shipping. They charge more for the statues than other retailers to cover the low shipping cost. In my experience, they also receive their inventory far later than other retailers.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:52 PM   #1063
Famiman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks for the advice!

I'll give Spec Fiction or Secret Compass a try.
Famiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:07 PM   #1064
ovp3664
The Avengers

Hi Guys,

Has anyone on here ordered the Prime1 Sengoku Joker ? I cannot find a thread anywhere. Just a mention of it within the Batman Ninja Thread.

Yes, I know the movie was a dissapointment to say the least !!!!

No updates on a release ?
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #1065
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey,

Was wondering if some people with a history of buying from Prime 1 directly might be able to help me out. I have to make a decision whether to send back a partially damaged statue back to Sideshow by friday, or to spend more money and buy it from Prime 1 directly. It will cost roughly $300 dollars more, but what I am concerned about more is that the shipping time says 1 - 3 months. Does anyone on here live on the east coast in US, and about how long did your purchase take to actually arrive after it shipped? The statue in question for myself is the Eileen Bloodborne one which I've gathered enough info to know that it's kind of a high risk statue for damaged parts it seems. I'm just worried if it didn't last 3 days shipping from Sideshow, what chance am I going to have with Prime 1.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #1066
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
Hey,

Was wondering if some people with a history of buying from Prime 1 directly might be able to help me out. I have to make a decision whether to send back a partially damaged statue back to Sideshow by friday, or to spend more money and buy it from Prime 1 directly. It will cost roughly $300 dollars more, but what I am concerned about more is that the shipping time says 1 - 3 months. Does anyone on here live on the east coast in US, and about how long did your purchase take to actually arrive after it shipped? The statue in question for myself is the Eileen Bloodborne one which I've gathered enough info to know that it's kind of a high risk statue for damaged parts it seems. I'm just worried if it didn't last 3 days shipping from Sideshow, what chance am I going to have with Prime 1.
How bad is the damage? Will SS give a credit if you keep and fix or have fixed?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:47 PM   #1067
DarkKnight85

Yea I've been talking to them. Looks like the highest they will go is $120 credits. I'm debating at this very moment whether to fix it myself, send it back, or have a custom person do it which was recommended to me in the Bloodborne forum. T

All the breaks came from the same wing/feather part. Everything else fits into place and I'm sure I could glue them myself. I'm not a person who really thinks about selling statues, but I'm a little put off with that decision will be severely hindered if I ever did want to sell it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0738.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	134567   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0742.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	134568  
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:20 PM   #1068
dragontron

So I got my tracking number on the 27th direct from Prime 1, no movement on the number since I have received the email. Anyone have recent experience with P1 and shipping? They shipped via UPS
dragontron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #1069
Mur_f
Doh!

The statue I purchased is currently in transit. It's my first purchase from Prime 1 and it's being shipped through DHL. It kinda seems to be stuck in customs limbo. The tracking information states:

"Next Step"
Further processing will occur as instructed by the regulatory authority. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further details are required

Is this a common occurrence or should I be concerned?
Mur_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:58 AM   #1070
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mur_f View Post
The statue I purchased is currently in transit. It's my first purchase from Prime 1 and it's being shipped through DHL. It kinda seems to be stuck in customs limbo. The tracking information states:

"Next Step"
Further processing will occur as instructed by the regulatory authority. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further details are required

Is this a common occurrence or should I be concerned?

Yes, Ive had these messages received before by DHL. It involves the Customs clearance process and if duties and or Taxes are payable before a shipment release.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote