Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #231
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I wonder how she will look painted, but its weird none of these portraits show how fierce Psylocke looks. I wonder if/what improvements will be made based on the feedback.

So far it just makes me want to keep the x-force psylocke, at least that portrait is great despite the fact that i wanted classic colors.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #232
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't think the source is telling the truth here. Why would Sideshow redo their statue to replace the original (superiorly beautiful) portrait with the current (squished alien) portrait if it wasn't because they were trying to appease those who thought Psylocke needed to look MORE Asian?

Marvel is not going to say one portrait looks "too Asian" for one company and "not enough Asian" for another. This statue doesn't look like Psylocke at all.

Its like the took Lady Sif's old face and put it on this statue. I see it a lot in the right portrait.
That's what Ang said on FB. He works at XM. The sculptor also chimed in and said XM changed his sculpt (first post). Marvel wants Psylocke presented as biracial now. It's weird because I thought she was either in a British or Japanese body, but not both.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:45 AM   #233
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
That's what Ang said on FB. He works at XM. The sculptor also chimed in and said XM changed his sculpt (first post). Marvel wants Psylocke presented as biracial now. It's weird because I thought she was either in a British or Japanese body, but not both.
You'd be correct.

Jesus, now Marvel executives don't even know - or care - about character history. Delightful.

Sadly, as long as her portrait looks like it does I will not be buying this statue. Plenty of people will, but this isn't the Japanese Psylocke I'm looking for. If they ever make this portrait with her original pink/purple suit I would happily buy it
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #234
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
You'd be correct.

Jesus, now Marvel executives don't even know - or care - about character history. Delightful.

Sadly, as long as her portrait looks like it does I will not be buying this statue. Plenty of people will, but this isn't the Japanese Psylocke I'm looking for. If they ever make this portrait with her original pink/purple suit I would happily buy it
I'll probably only display the butterfly portrait. My main concern is the pose so it won't lean. We'll see if they rework anything, but it seems like Marvel is tough on approving things.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #235
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I really don't understand why they can't just make her look 100% Asian. So strange...Jubilee is also supposed to be if I'm not mistaken.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #236
adee
Green Arrow

The original portrait and the hair of the third render would be perfect for me although I have to admit I don't love the pose on this piece.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:51 PM   #237
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
You'd be correct.

neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:43 PM   #238
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Elektra variant had me thinking of Psylocke, of these heads I do like ponytail (right), but fine with middle one. Hope she is fully shown off this year.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:43 AM   #239
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Man, I can't wait for Psylocke to go on PO!!
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #240
zulcadore
Frackin!

ı have all xm xmen lıne except storm.. ı read all xmen story from begining to sword of x however that is not my psylocke .. ı dont want to be a fan boy ıts harsh but ı dont lıke that psylocke portrait at all, ı dont lıke ss versıon as well .closest is the psylocke wıth sentınel hand whıch ıs made by last level (franco calesemo's ) . to me angel is not good too ..
zulcadore is offline   Reply With Quote