Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-01-2022, 11:28 AM   #1201
qz33
Baron Zemo

The wall makes the museum pose in my opinion. Totally like the creature is camouflaging itself waiting to pounce.

Original total ESes were what 100 Museum Pose and 350 Action?

Look I take this a a lesson. Most statues now are ES over 800 to 2000. All of these start as TBD so ES is dictated by interest and sales. ES on this was just TOO low, period.
Nobody expected this could be such a home run especially when all we have are promotion pics. It's not like this was ES of 1K and they are tacking on and extra 1-2,000.

So lesson is if a piece's ES comes in artificially low collectors can expect there could be future versions and adjust your decisions accordingly.

Yes everyone likes super rare heavy statues best but those are not always for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Im in both camps. LOL

My main thing is that I want a great ststue. I dont worry as much about the rarity.

But then if I get said great piece and the ES is low. Bonus points. There is something nice about knowing you are 1 or 200 that own something. That you are part of a club.

I think the main issues here are this

1. Prime 1 never said there would be a future release. They called it a limited edition. They should have said Limited edition base and well with a re-release of the piece without the wall and a different base coming soon at a lower price.

2. The piece was packed poorly and they did not offer replaceable parts for all those that received broken pieces.

3. They still wont let those with broken piece get a replacement.

4. The new ones will probably be packed better and thus allowing reselling to be easier if that is something that has to be done.

Me I feel bad for those that wanted replacements and just took the partial refund. They lived with the flaws knowing they were part of the "club" Of course they still are. Its just the Wall and base club lol

I love the piece. Its going nowhere accept to my oldest son when I finally tire of it or die.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #1202
SDguy

from P1 on FB:

"A quick update for all of our Alien franchise fans:

The WAAL-05DXLM: Alien Big Chap Deluxe Limited Version statue will now come with a greater and more detailed base!

Take a look at the 3D Prototype rendering images; you'll see in these Before and After images that we have updated the sculpt of the base to feature more detail and a larger footprint for ease of displaying, balance, and stability to hold the alternate portrait.

We thank everyone who has placed orders so far and appreciate your continued support.

For those that have missed out on the previous version, do not delay on the Alien Big Chap Deluxe Limited version and order now!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	291690967_5401979779848620_1618179927361913491_n.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	151395   Click image for larger version

Name:	291471668_5401979776515287_5249820579228861621_n.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	151396   Click image for larger version

Name:	290930724_5401979926515272_2850427102200114615_n.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	151397   Click image for larger version

Name:	290012890_5401979946515270_2092884871757023034_n.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	151398   Click image for larger version

Name:	291636048_5401979783181953_8903770882171228643_n.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	151399  

Click image for larger version

Name:	290775552_5401979943181937_5915907553595362245_n.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	151400  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:39 AM   #1203
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
My point is you were not forced to accept anything. You made that decision.

Okay, I never said any of us were. But again, it was very recently and at the time it was keep them as is or loose out entirely. This statue is phenomenal no doubt and a lot of people opted to keep them (Because obviously we wouldn't have any chance of getting another, why would we?) Prime 1 knew that the issues were rife and decided to keep quiet knowing full well that they had another version waiting to go. They waited right until the last few had sold and pumped out the next one. And by he way, they have swapped the order of the heads on the DX this time around, they know exactly what they are doing! They want people who didn't get the open mouth head before to buy another. I appreciate they are a business, but their desire for maximising profit seems to trump absolutely every aspect of what they do, there's no balance at all, it's just make money and screw the customers....

I get why many people here aren't as annoyed as they might be in this case. This was a very small run and it seemed to sell out very fast towards the end. Once we all started raving about it and posting pictures and opinions etc, there were a lot of people deciding that they'd like one, but it was too late. So sure this has worked out just fine for some people here and good for them. But it won't be long until Prime 1 do something like this again and it might just effect the rest of you next time. I'm happy more people can enjoy this wonderful statue. I'm even happy that I have the original with the wall tbh. But if Prime 1 are going to keep pulling this s--t in such an obviously cynical way, they are only going to damage their own brand ultimately. Why would any of us purchase 3-5k+ statues from them when they might just make more of them whenever they want to. I'll say it again, it would have satisfied everybody if they have just announced all versions from the beginning.

Anyway, **** Prime 1 atm, but here's a reminder of how awesome this statue really is...

Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:51 AM   #1204
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Okay, I never said any of us were. But again, it was very recently and at the time it was keep them as is or loose out entirely.
Quote:
I'm pretty surprised how chilled people are about this scenario here. This is a full on scumbag move by Prime 1 and I'm not even surprised, that's who they are now sadly. Many of us paid over the odds to get this one, and had to accept flawed statues to keep hold of them. Even Mine has issues and I was one of the lucky ones. If Prime 1 want to sell multiple versions of the same statue, that's fine, but they should all be announced at the same time so that people can choose the one they want. Not right after the first run has sold out so that they can try and swindle every penny they can get.
My mistake.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:55 AM   #1205
qz33
Baron Zemo

Yeah baby that's the stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
from P1 on FB:

The WAAL-05DXLM: Alien Big Chap Deluxe Limited Version statue will now come with a greater and more detailed base!

Take a look at the 3D Prototype rendering images; you'll see in these Before and After images that we have updated the sculpt of the base to feature more detail and a larger footprint for ease of displaying, balance, and stability to hold the alternate portrait.

We thank everyone who has placed orders so far and appreciate your continued support.

For those that have missed out on the previous version, do not delay on the Alien Big Chap Deluxe Limited version and order now!"
Old 07-01-2022, 11:57 AM   #1206
qz33
Baron Zemo

Yeah still say the wall makes great context for the statue. Wall is vastly superior.
Quote:

Anyway, **** Prime 1 atm, but here's a reminder of how awesome this statue really is...

Old 07-01-2022, 12:02 PM   #1207
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah baby that's the stuff.
Yeah, I'm quickly running out of reasons not to order this.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:19 PM   #1208
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
from P1 on FB:

The base of the bust stand looks wider now which should provide for more stability. This after they said the wouldn’t fix they stability issue. Another kick in the pants to all the original owners.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:22 PM   #1209
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah still say the wall makes great context for the statue. Wall is vastly superior.
Superior to what? The rerelease that does not come with a wall?
Old 07-01-2022, 12:36 PM   #1210
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
The base of the bust stand looks wider now which should provide for more stability. This after they said the wouldn?t fix they stability issue. Another kick in the pants to all the original owners.
I wouldn't be surprised if their marketing department is completely out of touch with what production is doing. They've misrepresented everything from dimensions to sculpt updates, insisting their information is correct, and when they discover the error, they play off the correction like a change made for the fans.

P1's PR team must consist of the same folks who work for the Chinese government because the headlines are embarrassingly easy to see through.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote