Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #981
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just guessing here, but I wonder if GG is trying to create a nitch in that $600 price range by giving people high quality statues with a low ES. I'll be honest that this really appeals to me, as a collector I do like owning rare or semi-rare pieces so they might be going after people like me.

Although if they give the Honey Trap line a 3000 ES then there goes that theory

IMO the quality were seeing in the mass produced statues that are in $350-$400 price range is mediocre at best. So for me to spend extra $100-$200 more for a high quality piece its defiantly worth it to me.

I wish I had Spazzy's talent, then I would repaint 3/4 of my SS collection to make them high quality

Now we're talking.....check out this guy, PUPPETGARAGE, his work is insane. I'd pay $1000+ for this stuff....

http://puppetgarage2.blog.fc2.com/page-1.html
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #982
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

wow, this thread is WAY off the tracks. It's such a pity. Instead of discussing whether or not a piece is overpriced, why can't we just discuss the PIECE itself. It really is just up to an individual to decide whether or not the piece is too much for them or not.

I guarantee a ton of people who collect action figures think sideshows or any other statue companies prices are WAY too much. There is a reason that these are priced the way they are and I HIGHLY doubt it's to try and gouge the collector. If they were trying to rip off collectors why on earth would they do it with a line that has no back story or previous connection to any collectors. Wouldn't it make more sense, from a business stand point, to raise prices on a licensed line of statues that have a fan base already?

I dunno, this is just my interpretation of the whole ordeal. This discussion could go on for days and days, but what's the point? It would be better for everyone to just move on and discuss the HONEY TRAP line. Not based on its price, but on its artistry.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #983
FROBAY
Phoenix

High res pics coming shortly
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #984
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
It would be better for everyone to just move on and discuss the HONEY TRAP line. Not based on its price, but on its artistry.

Actually after seeing this thread I ended up ordering all 3 of them from your shop today

On Topic: I don't think you really need a back story to appreciate the Honey Trap statues, for me they're more of a representation of tough female characters like Jinx from the James Bond movies or even the girls from Sucker Punch.

I have a feeling that once I get 3-4 of them on display together they will probably steal the spot light in my collection, even away from the more known DC/Marvel statues I have.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #985
Skullboy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

]That being said I'm a bit confused with Lucky being priced the same as Derby. Lucky just seems to be a bit more simplistic and I expected the price point to reflect that. Maybe there is more to her than I'm realizing and that's why I posed the question in the 'Ask GG' thread.

I thought the same, but if you look at this picture she's still got quite a lot going off.

Shades, neck chain, holster straps for the rear guns, open shirt with that sexy bra, Gauze type Ammo holder with ammo, huge strap for gun, laced elbow supports, laced boots, gloves, oh yeah and that big f**k off gun

Skullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #986
FROBAY
Phoenix

Old 05-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #987
FROBAY
Phoenix

Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #988
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
wow, this thread is WAY off the tracks. It's such a pity. Instead of discussing whether or not a piece is overpriced, why can't we just discuss the PIECE itself. It really is just up to an individual to decide whether or not the piece is too much for them or not.

I guarantee a ton of people who collect action figures think sideshows or any other statue companies prices are WAY too much. There is a reason that these are priced the way they are and I HIGHLY doubt it's to try and gouge the collector. If they were trying to rip off collectors why on earth would they do it with a line that has no back story or previous connection to any collectors. Wouldn't it make more sense, from a business stand point, to raise prices on a licensed line of statues that have a fan base already?

I dunno, this is just my interpretation of the whole ordeal. This discussion could go on for days and days, but what's the point? It would be better for everyone to just move on and discuss the HONEY TRAP line. Not based on its price, but on its artistry.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #989
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullboy View Post
[I thought the same, but if you look at this picture she's still got quite a lot going off.

Shades, neck chain, holster straps for the rear guns, open shirt with that sexy bra, Gauze type Ammo holder with ammo, huge strap for gun, laced elbow supports, laced boots, gloves, oh yeah and that big f**k off gun
You know after examining these pics more closely (thanks for posting them FRO ) I think I'm starting to see she is closer (detail wise) to Derby than I initially thought. Still on the fence with this one but I'll probably end up pre-ordering it too.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #990
FROBAY
Phoenix

I preordered whisper reg from amazon for 448.00 it's now marked up to 669.00. This was ordered before the GG buy out. Seems the new company will stick by their guns. I'm doubting my renewal of my Guild membership. Seems the Guild membership will only be worth it if there is an exclusive for SDCC you want to order. Other than that I'm not seeing the value anymore. I think the prices would digest a little better if GG would offer flex payments to Guild members, now that would keep me happy.

I'll probly pick this up somewhere, just waiting for prices to settle.