Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #41
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Why do you think Marvel is allowing this movie to be released? It's got to be something Fox required in the buy out is my guess. I hate that this movie is so far off from the Dark Phoenix storyline. It's just another half hearted "self directed vision" some hack has had of my favorite storyline from comics. It's hard to see inferior stories based on a far superior material being released, when they could have done it right.

I've also been hearing that Hugh Jackman may be coming into the MCU as Wolverine. I hate this idea. I've enjoyed Hugh Jackman as Wolverine over the years that he's portrayed the character, even though I've always wanted someone who fit the character closer to the comic book representation, but honestly, it's the perfect time to cast someone new in the part, and Jackman should move on to other roles. He's great, but his time as Wolverine should be done, IMO.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #42
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Why do you think Marvel is allowing this movie to be released?
Disney's purchase of Fox isn't 100% guaranteed. It still has to clear anti-trust review by the govt. As such, Fox can't just cease operating.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #43
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Disney's purchase of Fox isn't 100% guaranteed. It still has to clear anti-trust review by the govt. As such, Fox can't just cease operating.
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #44
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If it comes out, I'm not seeing it. I REFUSE to give those a$$hat butchers any more of my money.

I'm going to cry with joy when Disney makes the X-Men.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:37 PM   #45
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If it comes out, I'm not seeing it. I REFUSE to give those a$$hat butchers any more of my money.

I'm going to cry with joy when Disney makes the X-Men.
I won't see this either. Another butchering of this amazing comic book story arc holds zero interest for me. I was wishfully hoping that Disney/Marvel would $#!t can this thing, but I guess that's not going to happen...
Old 03-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #46
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Even X-Men: Last Stand did some justice to the storyline. They at least had Jean die, but possessed by the Phoenix Force....

I will wait for the TV showing to see if it's as crappy as the most recent Fantastic Four. I'm sure it will be
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #47
Gothamite
Phoenix

I didn't hate X-Men: The Last Stand, but they really bit off more than they could chew when they combined two big stories (Dark Phoenix saga and "the cure") into one movie. I hope the new movie focuses only on the Dark Phoenix saga.

Also, no more Bryan Singer -- he sucks.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #48
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

there is no way this movie will do dark phoenix justice

1) Jean has had no build up, nobody cares
2) Scott and Jean relationship has had no buildup, heart of the story = gone
3) no jean and wolverine interaction
4) no imperial guard, m'krann crystal, shi'ar, hellfire club, etc etc
5) magneto and mystique will be shoe-horned in when they had nothing to do with dark phoenix

its actually an impossibility that this movie will do the story line any justice because its already obvious it wont have any of the important characters or events from the comic version

its actually quite sad, dark phoenix is my hands down favorite x-men story, but realistically there is no way any movie could do it justice there are just too many components, even with a dark phoenix trilogy it'd be hard to do the story justice. I'd love to see this as an animated movie, thats as close as they'd get to it being accurate since they wouldnt have to worry about the xmen movies messed up continuity
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #49
Gothamite
Phoenix

Well, the Fox animated series covered it in 4 episodes for a total of roughly 75 to 80 minutes. Might be your cup of tea if you haven't watched it already.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #50
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Well, the Fox animated series covered it in 4 episodes for a total of roughly 75 to 80 minutes. Might be your cup of tea if you haven't watched it already.
i've seen it about a million times I grew up with that show

Xmen TAS always was, and still is, my favorite cartoon lmao I got all the seasons on DVD and still watch them sometimes, mainly whenever I want to forget about how bad the live action movies are

and yes the cartoon covered it perfectly, even with having to make some changes like rogue, gambit, jubilee etc being there when they werent in the comic story, but thats why that show was so good, they kept the heart and soul of the comic stories, even if they had to tweak some of the characters who were there
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote