Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #481
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Creepy Presents Richard Corben -

So nice to sit down w/ a Guinness & read Richard Corben stories that don't end in just a few minutes. This book is gorgeous although it is far from complete, missing some classic Corben' tales that really need revisiting in hopefully, a follow-up. Still, we get 340 pages of excellent, mostly Warren, Corben' shorts & arcs here ... w/ no bad ones (not sure if there's ever been a bad Corben' illustrated story).

Jerry, I love this book. I also have Creepy Presents Bernie Wrightson, which I also highly recommend.

Corben lovers also should pick up this little beauty, which collects Corben’s several werewolf stories.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/03454...3TL&ref=plSrch

And, get this, I reviewed Corben’s “Werewolf” book in this thread where you’ll also find a “Vampire Tales” review by non other than yourself!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...Richard+Corben

Last edited by wktf; 03-03-2018 at 04:19 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #482
protector2814
Phoenix

Ahhhh, the good old days Joe. I so remember the review sections that were here & had so much fun writing the few I was able to. The reviews were always so much fun to read & comment on, man, did we used to have fun with those.

I too have the Wrightson' Creepy Presents, along with the 1st 10 of Dark Horse' Creepy volumes. Within the past year or two, I picked up the Eerie Presents Hunter collection which was great. I've yet to pick up the Corben' Werewolf collection, but plan to do so.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #483
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Jerry, I’m saying, that Corben Werewolf collection is a must-have!! And I’ll have to pick up that Hunter book now!
Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #484
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

A Silent Voice vol. 1-7 10/10

It's a really heart felt good story which will leave a long impression. It was about frinedship, consiquences of bulliying and deafness.

It really depicted well the hardship of deafness... The bulliying at the early parts of the book was very harsh. What made me get really emotional was the part at the end where The main character Shoko and Shoya graduated from high school, and before they went though the door to left the building, shoya took a one last look at another door which had his elementary schools name on it... And that hit me where i live... You can never go back to those days you know, all the fun and pain are just distant memories now, you can never be an elementary school kid again... seeing that panel, and this thought really made me emotional.

I wish i could go back and relive my childhood with all the fun and pain of it again... Being an adult is really hard... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:34 AM   #485
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Great review, TDK. I want to read it now. I agree, I wish I could relive my childhood sometimes as well. But wouldn’t it be great if we could take some of the knowledge and wisdom we have as adults back with us?
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #486
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Yeah, that would be great.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #487
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’ve just finished Absolute Sandman volumes 1 - 4, comprising Gaiman’s 75 issue run of his series. Stunning work. Absolutely breathtaking. As much as I love so much comic book work the came before, during and after, this belongs in a category of its own.

A pure 10/10.

Just started Absolute Sandman vol 5, comprising his follow up work to his series and plan to pick up the next volume coming out later this year.

Not to mention all of these are beautifully bound and look stunning together, especially sitting between the wonderful Dream and Death 20th anniversary bookends.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #488
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I went through The Infinity Gauntlet Prologue and Infinity Gauntlet from the boxset recently. Both get an extremely biased 10/10. My favourite story in comics.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:29 AM   #489
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I’ve just finished Absolute Sandman volumes 1 - 4, comprising Gaiman’s 75 issue run of his series. Stunning work. Absolutely breathtaking. As much as I love so much comic book work the came before, during and after, this belongs in a category of its own.

A pure 10/10.

Just started Absolute Sandman vol 5, comprising his follow up work to his series and plan to pick up the next volume coming out later this year.

Not to mention all of these are beautifully bound and look stunning together, especially sitting between the wonderful Dream and Death 20th anniversary bookends.
Welcome to the Sandman Fan club. Sandman is what got me in to American comics, that's why i also got the absolute editions cause it's the ABSOLUTE favorite of mine.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #490
protector2814
Phoenix

I just read the Marvel Premiere Classic #46 copy of Starlin's The Infinity Gauntlet to pre-prep myself & get in the mood for the upcoming Infinity War movie. I ... just don't think it's that good. Oddly busy & overflowing with everything but the kitchen sink. Sure, there are classic moments & characters, but ... I wasn't blown away.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote