Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 04-09-2016, 12:55 AM   #201
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I agree, good call on leaving the AMC off there. Everyone who's familiar with the series cares more about the name of the character...not the channel she appears on. Great phone pics too. She looks awesome in them...glad to hear you decided to reorder her.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:45 AM   #202
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I agree, good call on leaving the AMC off there. Everyone who's familiar with the series cares more about the name of the character...not the channel she appears on. Great phone pics too. She looks awesome in them...glad to hear you decided to reorder her.
Thanks. She's definitely not the same quality as Whisper, but still quite nice. My only quibble is the lack of grime about the right wrist. It looks too obvious that the hand was painted separately. Not sure if I'll try getting and grime it myself. It would be hard to match.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #203
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Thanks. She's definitely not the same quality as Whisper, but still quite nice. My only quibble is the lack of grime about the right wrist. It looks too obvious that the hand was painted separately. Not sure if I'll try getting and grime it myself. It would be hard to match.
My Maggie (with the snapped off right hand) has what appears to be a darker shade of pink compared to the arm, and while the hand is covered in blood splats, the arm contains zero blood splats. Minor details ;D
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #204
dechirico7
The Flash

I decided to buy the 10" McFarlane figures. i think the likeness is better on those. Plus, they are 1/10th the price.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #205
-Ace-
Frackin!

Yeah- those Mcfarlanes are nice- very detailed, and really captures the likeness of the characters. I wish the Gentle Giant Daryl pose was as good as the Mcfarlane.
-Ace- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #206
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ace- View Post
Yeah- those Mcfarlanes are nice- very detailed, and really captures the likeness of the characters. I wish the Gentle Giant Daryl pose was as good as the Mcfarlane.
Yeah, they look decent. I decided to go with them because the McFarlane michonne actually looks like the actress. They are also easier to display and you can't beat the price. I just hope they start making more. Only Rick, Michonne and daryl are out. I think Glen is next.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #207
ukshaun
Hercules

Maggie 1/4 - Gentle Giant

Arrived with the hand snapped off. I managed to repair it. The statue looks great.
Different portrait to the prototype, but i like it all the same. Why did GG alter the portrait?

10/10
Old 04-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #208
gomur
The Tick

Beautiful work with your repairing your Maggie. She and BW look like a pair of bad asses!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:14 AM   #209
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Beautiful work with your repairing your Maggie. She and BW look like a pair of bad asses!
They sure do (look like a pair of bad..)
I only have 3 statues on pre order, and none carry guns, which will make a change ;D
Old 05-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #210
gomur
The Tick

Wish I had a better camera and lighting, but I wanted share this. Been looking forward to pairing these beauties up.

Next up, pairing Derby with Fireball. Hopefully we get the preorder on her soon.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote