Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #1881
Ogre
Doh!

I had a similar issue with the beast, but it was not too bad and is at an area that is hard to see. I reckon that it is fixable with a bit of touch up work which I probably won’t bother with. My base was perfectly fine.

However I did have QC issue with one of the heads. Some of the material appears to have concentrated and left a big shiny blob on the hair. Prime1 has agreed to send a replacement head.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #1882
SONICobra
Batman

has there been any feedback on using / not using paper in the future from P1 on facebook?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #1883
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I guess it's not feasible but I would like for them to do a recall of the statue. They should open up each piece and exchange the paper for cloth and if the piece has paint rubs then fix the piece in house.

Obviously if the piece is fine then just switching out to the cloth would suffice.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #1884
hittrix
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
has there been any feedback on using / not using paper in the future from P1 on facebook?
They sure should do that, I'm interested in their statues, but this could be a possible deal breaker for me.
hittrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #1885
Key-F
Doh!

Just looked at mine. And it has the same problem. But its nothing compared to broken left arm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20180319_211818.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	112401  
Key-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #1886
Chargersfan57

Seriously why are they doing this? Guts, Harley and 1/2 Wonder Woman all have paper...

The cloth is part of P1's brand. I'ts what makes them special. If I was P1 I would be pissed that this happened. Seriously if they're going to sacrifice and skimp then I may want no part of them anymore.

If a company isn't dedicated to excellence then why am I spending $1000 dollars per piece?!
Old 03-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #1887
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Just wanted to chime in as well. I examined my piece and I noticed some slight transfer from the ring of the base, the branches of the tree, and on the back of the neck of the BOD. The latter is probably the worst since I thought it was bits of styrofoam and it is at a place where you can barely notice it. I can probably dab or dry brush it since it is very tiny. But I agree that P1 should have used the soft cloth for Guts. Especially at this price point and since The Witcher line had it. There were similar issues with the recent SS Spider-Man PF, but I believe SS used cloth for later batches as well as on the Symbiote PF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key-F View Post
Just looked at mine. And it has the same problem. But its nothing compared to broken left arm.
I think I saw your video and you had the same break on the hand that I did.

Quote:
Since this batch was very small, I’m sure P1 could address it with the subsequent batches.

Quote:
quick thoughts on guts

sculpt: 10 / 10 - its perfect, theres nothing I would change. theres so much to look at, so many little details like the spring on his mechanical arm that's just perfect I was staring at this for quite a while

paint:
guts - 9.5/10 - overall really good, my one critique is I wish there was more blood on the sword. but paint apps are clean, so super clean and the blood that is there looks great
base - 7/10 - just kind of meh to be honest but the thing that bugs me the most is they just kind of doused the area of the demon head that has blood on it with super glossy clear coat. so half of the face is glossy as hell while the other portion is dull and the hand directly under the glossy portion is dull as well. other than that the rocks are kind of flat but again overall its still very nice, the beast of darkness looks fantastic

bottom line this is the definitive guts statue imo, its an amazing sculpt, iconic pose options, portraits that totally change the attitude of the piece - this thing has an insane amount of presence
Great review Sonic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Just saw your review man! Congrats on what looks a fantastic piece! You're really helping me decide on if I should get him or not.

I'm currently watching the original anime for the first time. About to start episode 10 and I'm really starting to get into it and enjoy it.

I'm one of the people contemplating getting the WHOLE line if I end up liking the series as much as I hope I do.
Thanks man! I really enjoyed your observations on the 1st series! I’m jealous of people watching it for the first time but glad that people are really digging it as well and that It’s getting some love.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #1888
Negativepenalty
Fantastic Four

All this has me extremely worried now. Mine still hasn't shipped but not only do I have to worry about it coming in once piece, I now have to worry about the wax paper scratching the paint!?!

This is my most anticipated statue of this year...what a bummer.
Negativepenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #1889
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
Since this batch was very small, I’m sure P1 could address it with the subsequent batches.
Are you saying you think there may still be time for P1 to fix future Guts shipments?

That would be great if true.

IMO P1 needs to address this whole paper issue and not sweep it under the rug. Especially when it's also reaching out to other lines.

BTW, I think I'm going to run out to Barnes & Noble today and pick up the first 2 issues of the manga. I have the whole manga series on my phone but there's just something about owning the physical issues that excite me.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #1890
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Are you saying you think there may still be time for P1 to fix future Guts shipments?

That would be great if true.

IMO P1 needs to address this whole paper issue and not sweep it under the rug. Especially when it's also reaching out to other lines.

BTW, I think I'm going to run out to Barnes & Noble today and pick up the first 2 issues of the manga. I have the whole manga series on my phone but there's just something about owning the physical issues that excite me.
Yeah, Prime 1 is usually pretty good at listening and addressing customer concerns. I’m sure collectors should / will bring it up on the Facebook group.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote