Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #531
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
While I agree totally (the trailer is immense)...I really think they've just gone too far with the trailers now.

We've had three full trailers, two teasers and a bunch of tv spots...can't we save SOMETHING for the cinema...?
A lot of the trailers have just been rehashes of one another with a few snippets of scenes added in. I think that what's gotten everyone overwhelmed is the shear volume of them and the hype that this movie is building ... but given everything that DC has invested into this film, they need it to be a block buster, especially after the failure of Green Lantern.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #532
built2shred
Phoenix

WB barely broke even with Green Lantern... They almost need to do a reboot... kind of sad

They need to hire some decent writes and make it more dark and serious in tone vs the cheesiness of the original.. They should get Nolan to help write and produce it like he did with Man of Steel.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:32 AM   #533
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

can't believe its almost here. oh man, this movie is gonna be so sick, i can feel it in my bones!
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #534
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

According to UK reports, the film has already made over 100 million in advertising and merch deals before it's even been released!

Well done WB, finally learning...

Quote:
Though it might upset Tony Stark, 'Man of Steel' could end up being the major blockbuster of 2013, and it's already making money before it's out.

According to figures from the Hollywood Reporter, the Superman reboot has already made $170 million (£109 million) in commercial deals and endorsements.

Considering its production budget of a reported $225 million (£144 million), it sounds like Zach Snyder's film is going to be quite the payday for Warner Bros once it's released next week.

Among the brands wanting a slice of Supes are the likes of Wal-Mart, Gillette, Kellogg's, Chrysler, Nokia, Hershey's, Converse and famed US department store Sears.

And that's without the toy manufacturers buying in rights, which so far include Mattel, Fisher Price and Lego.

In all, it's said to have 100 merchandising partners.

Animated film 'The Lorax' was the previous title winner, with 70 companies paying out for rights.

Meanwhile, the figure already hauled in by 'Man of Steel' beats that of 'The Dark Knight Rises', which made $150 million (£96 million) in third party deals.

However, 'Man of Steel' is expected to extend its commercial lead still, with more 'international partners' soon to be coming on board.

It's thought that the film's more wholesome take on its subject matter has been more appealing to major brands than Christopher Nolan's darker world of Batman.

And such is the popularity of the character, the production has even snared the US National Guard to help in promoting it.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #535
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wa...an-1200493334/
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #536
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I think everyone needs to toss out their preconceptions about MoS. there's enough hints in the trailers that this Superman will not be the one we know and love. That his backstory will be different. This might be IM3 Mandarin level sacrilege for fanboys or a brilliant move. We'll find out soon enough.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #537
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaxx View Post
That's nice to know.

Hopefully this is Snyder's redemption and we might actually get to see Suckerpunch 2.
Maybe the real suckerpunch was that it was all a dream and 4 of the girls are not really dead. Nope, they're dead and Babydoll helped a mentally ill patient escape.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #538
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

While the early trailers with Pa Kent seemingly suggesting Clark let another child die to preserve his secrets and shots of fishing boats had me seriously questioning the direction the film was taking, the more recent trailers are downright awesome. Man of Steel is going to do amazingly and it really HAS to in order for WB to move forward on any other superhero projects.

I'm going to predict Man of Steel ends up with a $150M opening domestic weekend, just over $450M final domestic, and about $600M international take to wind-up in the billion dollar club. I see this movie bringing money until the end of 2013.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #539
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Heaven help the one who, after seeing the movie,comes out against it if it is an overwhelming success.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #540
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Well it has to contend with The Dark Knight Rises BO success. So the pressure is really on it to perform.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote