Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #81
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
What happened to us? We used to have date nights on Thursday, and I never missed one. You with your low quantity exclusives, and me with my finger on the refresh button. It was a magical time, and we loved each other so much. I loved you for your licenses, talent, and attention to detail, and you loved me for my money, and my compulsive need to collect all character representations no matter how insignificant. Now look at us! I sent you pictures of my Poison Ivy with dark paint running down her leg weeks ago, and haven't even received a confirmation that the e-mail was received. It makes me feel like I am alone in this relationship. My personal experience contradicts the notion that your love for me has remained consistent from the time we entered in to this relationship. I would argue that the majority of your production pieces are not a reasonable facsimile of the prototypes you show me, and you and I both know that you used to use better styrofoam. Over time, you have become more and more distant, and I have become accepting of a lower standard. When we first got together "you remember" Over the Hulk vs Spiderman Diorama? and I had that credit card with no preset spending limits. You made me believe it would always be that way. Poor quality statues were the exception, and the vast majority of what you gave me arrived without any serious defects or deviations from the prototype. My level of confidence in you, and your quality control was so high, that if I was busy, I had little or no anxiety about waiting to open your packages when they arrived. I would put it off for weeks, with no fear that my procrastination would result in disappointment. On those very rare occasions that I had a problem, you quickly provided a replacement. Please, please, please Sideshow, return to the business practices that continually left me eagerly anticipating the next opportunity to give you my money. I still love you, but I want you to love me back.
I love it, so true. SS should listen to its customer base a bit more, they might find themselves lasting through the decades...in my opinion they will not with the direction they are going in regards to quality and pricing.

John M.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #82
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Sideshow fell in love with somebody, a person named profit, he changed her ways.
I was afraid she was seeing someone else, and you have confirmed my darkest fears. Two timing hussy!
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #83
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SS ain't never gonna go back to their old ways. Face it, their profits are their number 1 priorities now days. High es & no es, false prototypes, bad quality. They don't care if you don't do business with them. For every lost customer they lose, they gain another one. It's a darn shame folks. I use to PO like 10 or so statues a year, so far this year, I've po 2... SS ain't a fun company anymore
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #84
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Oh for the love of God get over yourselves. Surely all that matters is quality and characters that you love get made.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #85
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
SS ain't never gonna go back to their old ways. Face it, their profits are their number 1 priorities now days. High es & no es, false prototypes, bad quality. They don't care if you don't do business with them. For every lost customer they lose, they gain another one. It's a darn shame folks. I use to PO like 10 or so statues a year, so far this year, I've po 2... SS ain't a fun company anymore
Sorry if I Myself don't have anything good to say I will just shut my mouth.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #86
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Profit is a ----- ... and SSC is pimping... nothing you can do just avoid that milieu !!!
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #87
Anthos
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I can see where this is going so...

Anthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #88
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthos View Post
I can see where this is going so...

Lol thanks for some fun to lighten things up! Look at that guy run! I'm still angry over this no replacement thing. But you lighten the day up more! Thanks bro!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #89
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Sorry if I Myself don't have anything good to say I will just shut my mouth.
*checks CBGs post count* nope that clearly isn't the case at all
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #90
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Lol thanks for some fun to lighten things up! Look at that guy run! I'm still angry over this no replacement thing. But you lighten the day up more! Thanks bro!
No replacement? Tell us more CBG.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote