Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-24-2019, 11:01 AM   #3001
nearmint
Phoenix

What do you think, guys? Is that the Three-Eyed Raven in the season 1 promo poster?

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #3002
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Nice!
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #3003
Demona
Martian Manhunter

No. I think people are reading too much into it. I think it’s just a basic raven/crow given that they rely on The birds to relay messages.

The first episode started with Ned getting a raven saying Jon Aryon was murdered and King Robert was coming to Winterfell. That bird was the beginning of the end for Ned. That is all there is to that bird.

People want to make sense of that sh!t spewed in Season 8 to make it seem like the writers were smart and crafty. They were lazy. They spent their energy on SW. That is all.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:47 PM   #3004
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
No. I think people are reading too much into it. I think it’s just a basic raven/crow given that they rely on The birds to relay messages.

The first episode started with Ned getting a raven saying Jon Aryon was murdered and King Robert was coming to Winterfell. That bird was the beginning of the end for Ned. That is all there is to that bird.

People want to make sense of that sh!t spewed in Season 8 to make it seem like the writers were smart and crafty. They were lazy. They spent their energy on SW. That is all.
BINGO.

HBO wanted more seasons. Martin suggested more seasons. They could have done more seasons. B&W had a Star Wars contract lined up. Thems the facts.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:57 PM   #3005
Mister H
Gen 13

The sad thing is that GOT could have been on a SW type of level had the writers gave a crap at the end. It’s still huge IMO but it’s lost some of its luster.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:22 PM   #3006
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

You guys are probably right...I was wondering if they got sick of GoT and whether Star Wars was already lined up for them. Season 8 seemed focused on big budget spectacle, whereas big battles were even downplayed in earlier seasons because of budget restraints. So they had time to focus on character development back then.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:29 PM   #3007
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom-El View Post
You guys are probably right...I was wondering if they got sick of GoT and whether Star Wars was already lined up for them. Season 8 seemed focused on big budget spectacle, whereas big battles were even downplayed in earlier seasons because of budget restraints. So they had time to focus on character development back then.
This article analyzes the words per minute over the course of the series, and it's a steady decline.

https://www.gq.com/story/got-how-bad-is-the-writing

I'm not sure I absolutely agree with the argument that it's a fact that the decline indicates lesser quality...but it doesn't help.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:33 PM   #3008
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
This article analyzes the words per minute over the course of the series, and it's a steady decline.

https://www.gq.com/story/got-how-bad-is-the-writing

I'm not sure I absolutely agree with the argument that it's a fact that the decline indicates lesser quality...but it doesn't help.
Yeah someone sent that to me on Twitter. I am not surprised. I think most people noticed it.

I read an interview with GRRM and it would've been so good to get some more seasons.

Maybe they could remake GoT down the line after all the books come out, maybe as a movie series? I don't know...

A meme:

Old 05-27-2019, 03:58 AM   #3009
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom-El View Post
Yeah someone sent that to me on Twitter. I am not surprised. I think most people noticed it.

I read an interview with GRRM and it would've been so good to get some more seasons.

Maybe they could remake GoT down the line after all the books come out, maybe as a movie series? I don't know...

A meme:

Oh man, that pic's awesome! lol

I mentioned an anime not too long ago, then I saw an article suggesting the same. I think that would work really well.

-Anime typically doesn't shy from sex and violence.
-I believe the Asian market has been very fond of Game of Thrones.
-Martin is recently rumored to have consulted on a JP game, so his foot is already in the door over there.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:35 PM   #3010
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Watched the Season 8 documentary last night. It is insane how much goes into making the show. Even though the writers let us down, everyone else was excellent though (from the production to the acting to the special effects).
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote