Old 05-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #412
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Heh, heh, fair enough.

You lost me there, DM.
ok,
you posted this at the end of your post...
and then i said.." and no thank you. i use toilet paper. .
get it?
it was a joke Shoo..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #413
Shoo
Hercules

Yeah, I was sure it's a joke... but I still don't get it!

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. It's past 2:30 in the morning, so maybe that's why I'm that slow right now.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #414
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well you dont have to agree with me. but thats the way i see it. the mixed media aspect. and the portrait of the SS BW is more realistic based than the XM. i like them both. and i dont think one is better than the other. but SS just has that realistic aspect to it. its not life like. but more of a realistic look to it if you know what i saying.
No worries DM. There is more then enough BW statues out in the marketplace to accommodate all tastes. Hopefully it didn't seem like I was coming at you because that wasn't my intent.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #415
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

This is a stunning piece. I really, really like it.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #416
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
And I'm posting them here for all to see! Man, this is once again the best Black Widow I have seen in statue form...hands down. Great job!

If I really want to be nitpicky, I could say that I would have for her to have a more serious sneaky, type look on her face.

But even at that, this is awesome. The amount of change out features to give multiple looks with two different types of bases (I think that's what it comes with) is going all out for the fans.
Ahh.. thanks Loric buddy for posting the new photos. We're trying out a photographer and we may use him for all future product shoots. A couple of exciting revelations;

1) The Face. We have one side who wants it more realistic and there's the other side who wants to keep it the same - usually because they like Artgerm's style which is somewhat more pan-asian/anime than realistic. So guess what, XM boys are already developing a THIRD head sculpt to cater to both sides (the things that keep them awake at night!). We will be posting the WIP real soon. BW seems to be the one which XM will make little profit due to the sheer amount of switch our parts and extras... which are;

2) Yes, 2 bases! One for BW to lean against, and the other which allows collectors to admire ahem, the rear sculpt of the statue. Again, this is developed due to feedback from fans they wanted to be able to view the back sculpt (Which I like alot heh heh). So we are talking about 2 heads (might be 3 if we can squeeze into the production cost), multiple change of weapons, 2 bases, 1 revolver designed stand to hold the alternate head. That's alot of good stuff.

3) Icing on the cake is the potential light up feature of the lamp sitting on top of the gate. XM boys are dabbling with electronics in a way if the led goes down, there's no need to take apart the statue to redo wiring etc. Just swap the bulb and good to go! Still awaiting approval from Marvel though so fingers crossed.

4) I'm surprised XM hasn't mentioned this... Actually, if you look at the bases of the Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow etc, you should notice that all the bases are designed as part of New York City's damaged battle ground. The final idea is to be able to display all the Avengers together in one large amazing "diorama" with matching city bases. For instance, the XM Hawk Eye is designed to come with a base that elevates his position so he can be seen perched up high behind the other Avengers firing an arrow into the distance. Word of caution... you will need a LARGE room to display the Avengers together!

5) I'm also discussing with the XM Boys once we are done with the Avengers team, we could look into an opposing Villians Team 'facing off' the Avengers team all using the same city base scenarios (means you need an even LARGER room! That's a team of 1/4 scale heroes vs a team of 1/4 scale villains! Time to relocate the baby!) but it all depends on response. Right now XM are getting loads of requests on Brown Wolverine, Punisher, Cable, Nova etc so we'll have to see how it goes.

And of course, please feel free to drop by XM Facebook page at www.facebook.com/xmstudios and post any questions or feedback. There's only Ben and myself attending to questions so please bear with us if we don't give timely answers.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #417
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

I'll also like to add on behalf of the XM Boys that we have ALOT of respect for Sideshow and the cool stuff they roll out. They are the benchmark in the industry! We're just looking at ways we can produce characters they may not be doing, and doing fully sculpted pieces instead of mix media to create a different range for collectors to enjoy. For us, Sideshow will always be the big brother and the inspiration for us to be better craftsmen. Respect!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:41 AM   #418
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

XM is for collectors what they have always wanted in a company, that their proposals are heard and if you also make nice statues have the perfect company.

who is sideshow?:
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:46 AM   #419
Shoo
Hercules

Oh, DM, I think I get it now, but it was a really lame joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
1) The Face. We have one side who wants it more realistic and there's the other side who wants to keep it the same - usually because they like Artgerm's style which is somewhat more pan-asian/anime than realistic. So guess what, XM boys are already developing a THIRD head sculpt to cater to both sides (the things that keep them awake at night!).
Well, I'm impressed!

Quote:
2) Yes, 2 bases! One for BW to lean against, and the other which allows collectors to admire ahem, the rear sculpt of the statue. Again, this is developed due to feedback from fans they wanted to be able to view the back sculpt (Which I like alot heh heh).
Lol. The pose still doesn't make sense without that part of the wall behind her, but I'll admit it does when you look at it that way. Never better said.

Quote:
So we are talking about 2 heads (might be 3 if we can squeeze into the production cost), multiple change of weapons, 2 bases, 1 revolver designed stand to hold the alternate head. That's alot of good stuff.
Yes, it is. Quite commendable.

Quote:
3) Icing on the cake is the potential light up feature of the lamp sitting on top of the gate. XM boys are dabbling with electronics in a way if the led goes down, there's no need to take apart the statue to redo wiring etc. Just swap the bulb and good to go! Still awaiting approval from Marvel though so fingers crossed.
Nice thinkin'!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #420
demonhunter
Kingpin

I was at Lil'Monsters. A local collectibles shop that just opened at a new shopping mall here. They are the sole distributor for XM Studios in Malaysia. I got to see actual Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man Mark 42 on display at the shop. They all look fantastic. Very impressed with the Tony Stark portrait. Cap is the best looking one. I used to think that all were sculpted by Mufizal. Found out Mufizal sculpted Cap, and the other 2 by others.

My phone battery ran out at that time. So,all I could get was just these XM Studio cards at the counter.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote