Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?
Like it. 2 20.00%
Hate it. 3 30.00%
Don't care one way or the other. 5 50.00%
Go away. 2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Question What do you think of this idea?

Since some of the threads are really long and take a long time to load, why don't we have a each collector make a new thread for each new year of collecting. No deletion of current threads, but a new thread for 2014, then 2015, etc... One for each collector and year?
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think a better idea is when starting a collection thread you leave some room in your initial posts to add new pictures. That way people wanting to see your collection in it's entirety can just go to the first post and work their way through the pics rather than having to read through all the comments. Reserving say 10+ posts at the beginning of the thread for updates helps too.

That being said starting a fresh thread each year is an individual decision. Personally I wouldn't want to do it that way as I think it's fun to see a collection evolve over the years. Then again I don't even have a thread of my own so my opinion may not hold as much weight as some of you that manage one regularly.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think a better idea is when starting a collection thread you leave some room in your initial posts to add new pictures. That way people wanting to see your collection in it's entirety can just go to the first post and work their way through the pics rather than having to read through all the comments. Reserving say 10+ posts at the beginning of the thread for updates helps too.

That being said starting a fresh thread each year is an individual decision. Personally I wouldn't want to do it that way as I think it's fun to see a collection evolve over the years. Then again I don't even have a thread of my own so my opinion may not hold as much weight as some of you that manage one regularly.
I don't believe you even have a collection. You're just trolling.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Old 12-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:

I like your idea. It helps to eliminate going through the clutter.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

to the go away option. Question to the mods is there a way that the individual that started the collection thread to modify it ? Maybe insert picture post and push comment post to later pages? Hope that makes sense.
dr.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
ONEYE

Talking

vinnnie

Ouch! That "hurt"! No one was really supposed to choose the "Go away." option.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #8
ONEYE

Ok, there are some collections that are pretty huge, I don't know if "Reserving say 10+ posts at the beginning of the thread for updates..." would help those people. For those that don't update very often, sure.

"Maybe insert picture post and push comment post to later pages? Hope that makes sense." It makes sense, but then people may feel slighted? As if their comments aren't important? You'll also have some pages of comments that may or may not make any sense at all, especially if they keep being pushed back further and further.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #9
ONEYE

Quote:
... That being said starting a fresh thread each year is an individual decision...
Not really. Each member is allowed to have one collection thread.

I know the moderators can lock a thread, especially if it isn't going to be updated.

I wonder if thread deletion would cause people's post counts to drop? Not that post count is important, just thinking/typing out loud. I lost my train of thought.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #10
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
Not really. Each member is allowed to have one collection thread.

I know the moderators can lock a thread, especially if it isn't going to be updated.

I wonder if thread deletion would cause people's post counts to drop? Not that post count is important, just thinking/typing out loud. I lost my train of thought.
Well there really isn't a reason to have multiple collection threads going.

If you want to lock your current collection thread I or one of the other mods can do that for you and you can start a new one. Once it's locked it's locked permanently though, we won't be doing any open/close nonsense. Obviously this isn't something we want to do on a regular basis however.

This is why I suggest anyone starting a collection thread simply take as many posts on the front end as you desire. Taking 30 posts for example using something as simple as reserved for updates as a place holder would allow for 300 pictures at 10 pics per post. Then update/edit those posts accordingly.