Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #11
crankyjammies
I am da law!

No Wolverine should be without his arch-enemy:

Heck, Koto should've made a dio just like they did with Spider-man and Venom! That would've been super sweet.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #12
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The pose bothers me just a tad, seems as the the Hulk, Juggernaut, Venom and this one are all pretty close.

Of course I will buy this. Lol.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:30 AM   #13
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Can you help me understand what you mean by "back to traditional on Wolverine"?
Is this not the same as the Brown version of the Danger Room Statue that was put out a while ago?
What I meant was that Erick hand sculpted this vice digital sculpt. Traditional = hand sculpted.

This is not the same as the first DRS statue. While there are similarities, it is not the same.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #14
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Forgot to say thanks to Erick and Kotobukiya for listening to the fans!!! Thanks goes to Erick for traditionally sculpting this one and thanks goes to Koto for taking notice to our plea for a brown costumed Wolverine which was led by Gomur's FB post! Thanks to Gomur for rallying up the troops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Not to be too critical of Erick's work, but I think the pose on that wolverine's body is a little awkward. Might just be the low resolution photo and the angle, though.

The base, I would've preferred something else, especially that it resembles that of Cyclops. I also would like it better if the sentinel head was centered on the base itself, at least. Just my opinion guys and Erick, don't hate me.

But then again, maybe nothing's wrong with this piece and it really is just the low resolution and bad shot angle.
I don't think you're being too critical at all...in fact I thought the pose was awkward as well because the stoch region looks a bit too inward. I held my comments on it though because I figured it must be the angle...?

Hope to see more shots soon!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:13 AM   #15
qz33
Rescue

Thanks for the replies. That is really what I was wondering since I was unsure if this was the same sculpt as the Danger Room Sessions one in yellow that had a Brown prototype shown a couple of years ago.

I just got the yellow Wolverine and Gambit DRS ones last weekend. Got both new for $400 combined from a LCS!! One of my best friends haggled the price and the guy actually went for it.

I was going to get the brown one too and then switch the bases so the Yellow would be on the Sentinel's hand blaster and the Brown would be on the tree log base.

I will definitely Pre-Order this along with half of the rest of the statue getting universe and it looks awesome just from that one shot.

Maybe somebody broke the molds, maybe it was a rights issue with Marvel or Sideshow but I still think it is a shame we won't ever get this, especially since it seemed like such easy money for Kotobukiya.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:50 AM   #16
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I don't think you're being too critical at all...in fact I thought the pose was awkward as well because the stoch region looks a bit too inward. I held my comments on it though because I figured it must be the angle...?

Hope to see more shots soon!
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. I just didn't want to offend one of my favorite sculptors. :P

I think one of the good sides of having the release date so far away is that we could still speak out and state our opinions on the statue and how it could be improved. I just hope they would still allow improvements to be made.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:57 AM   #17
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walls View Post
The pose bothers me just a tad, seems as the the Hulk, Juggernaut, Venom and this one are all pretty close.

Of course I will buy this. Lol.
They are a little bit close when it comes to pose but can you blame Erick? They are "beasts" and I expect them to be in a stance showing their prowess. Anyway, there are enough differences for me to not be bothered.

Especially this Wolverine! I love that Erick tried to preserve some qualities of the previous sculpt that appealed to a lot of collectors.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #18
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Thanks guys! Just wait until they show it with alternate masked head. Hope you guys like him
It is basically the same concept we just improved a few things.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #19
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Thanks guys! Just wait until they show it with alternate masked head. Hope you guys like him
Awesome job, Erick! Can't wait
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #20
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
I am happy with the result, Erick! Too bad that we have to wait until 2015.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote