Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #21
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylorc View Post
IMHO the folks purchasing statues at this price point likely spend thousands of dollars annually on their collectibles. Statue prices have been climbing over the past few years, and even in down economy we see folks spending $2,000+ on 1/2 scale offerings. Therefore I'm just not finding it impossible to think that folks would not be willing to spend $700 - $1,000 on statues that they believe to be a) high quality b) limited quantity c) based on some of the most popular Marvel heroes and/or franchises d) purchased from a company that prides itself in putting the customer first.

Secondly, I have seen many people indicate that in order to purchase multiple XM pieces they have "re-evaluated" their collectibles budgets. Folks have elected to budget a larger percentage of their 2014 & 2015 disposable income to XM products. This may likely involve canceling existing pre-orders in order to free up those funds for XM purchases.

Finally, I would not be surprised if a number of collectors sell off portions of their existing collections in order to fund future XM purchases. Personally, in the past couple of months I have sold off various statues I no longer wanted, in addition to some photography equipment I was no longer using, to the tune of about $5,000. I won't necessarily use all of that on XM products (I hope...lol), but at least I know that I have the cash available to cover my XM fix.

At the end of the day...let's not forget that we are talking about edition runs of 500 - 900 pieces. Given the world wide popularity of the collectible industry, I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that XM's offerings are actually sold out.
Nice post! Yeah its always good to have little $ to the side in case something just comes up that you must have! For instance i just sold few collectibles which covered my costs to purchase the XM pieces in FULL so I've set that money aside for ONLY XM piece deposits and rest of $ to acquire said items… WIthout my selling some of my older collectibles it would of been impossible with all our bills, house payments, car payments, living expenses, statue and drug habit ect ect to come up with money to order these and i would of been left out in the rain with no rain coat and then had to pay BIG bucks on the secondary market for those rain coats (collectibles on ebay)!

Also, our collectible habits have changed in that were being more selective with prices rising and we actually had to cut our pre orders more than in half to also help with being able to order some of XM's offerings! Just when we were going to step away for a year or two of collecting XM came in and swooped me off my feet and now I'm hooked and got a syringe of 500 cc's of collectible fun and excitement shooting thru my veins and i haven't felt that way about collecting for years! So I'm actually gong to really put other companies on the back burner and invest in this company and give them a go and if i like their service, products and quality and superiority of work and craftsmanship they will have a long client relationship with my husband and myself….

If i hate my Magneto, Thanos and Wolverine than i will sell them and start the bidding at 99cents and see what happens but i have a feeling I'm not going to hate any of their offerings… And with them at THIS point in the game stating that they will not hit over 999 Edition Size has be giddy like a little school girl and even though I'm not a ES snob like some on here i do respect it and the power that the lower ES imposes and i appreciate a good low ES non the less but isn't a deal breaker for us!

But trust me when i say this again, there will be less than 5% who actually cancel and want to risk losing their $200 deposit so hate to say it but best bet is to try and find someone on here or ebay…

Good night ya'll…

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:54 AM   #22
xenopus
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
So your saying you like having collectibles crazy crazy high?? What are you a corporate spy>???

Sarah Joe
no bad I am no corporate spy.

I think the bug of highly collectibles got me. The truth is getting something that most won't be able to obtain can be very addictive, at least to some. Items like these works on the principle that the more you can't get hold of it, the more people will try all sorts of means to get it. That's the case for high end collectibles.
Alas the quality and ES must be exceptional for me to want to spend my hard earned money.

But that's just me.
xenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #23
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenopus View Post
no bad I am no corporate spy.

I think the bug of highly collectibles got me. The truth is getting something that most won't be able to obtain can be very addictive, at least to some. Items like these works on the principle that the more you can't get hold of it, the more people will try all sorts of means to get it. That's the case for high end collectibles.
Alas the quality and ES must be exceptional for me to want to spend my hard earned money.

But that's just me.

A fellow collector who understands me !!!!

I love the hunt to get fairly rare pieces, it's a rush knowing that I got something that very few will have... I know some people want to give statues out to the whole world to enjoy but I'm a selfish bastard

That's why I was stoked that XM came along, they offer everything I like about statue collecting, Low ES, 100% sculpted statues, No variants or 2nd editions, from what I've seen from my Capt. very high quality statues....

Besides they're other companies that are willing to make very large Edition Sizes so everyone can have the same thing.... So there's plenty of companies out their to appease all different type of collectors.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #24
wanderlai
The Tick

Lol...I'm right there with you built2shred.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #25
xenopus
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I love the hunt to get fairly rare pieces, it's a rush knowing that I got something that very few will have... I know some people want to give statues out to the whole world to enjoy but I'm a selfish bastard

That's why I was stoked that XM came along, they offer everything I like about statue collecting, Low ES, 100% sculpted statues, No variants or 2nd editions, from what I've seen from my Capt. very high quality statues....

Besides their are other companies that are willing to make very large Edition Sizes so everyone can have the same thing.... So there's plenty of companies out their to appease all different type of collectors.
I totally agreed.

Same mentality applies for woman not wanting to be seen getting the same bag or dress that someone on the street is wearing.
xenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #26
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Besides their are other companies that are willing to make very large Edition Sizes so everyone can have the same thing.... So there's plenty of companies out their to appease all different type of collectors.
No, not really.

If you can find me another company that's making statues like these (ie. fully sculpted, super detailed, near perfect quality control, perfect packaging), please let me know. I could generally not care any less how limited a statue is, and would actually prefer anybody who wants one to be able to get one. But XM is it for quality. I don't really have another choice.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #27
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:

Yeah i agree with you built i feel a lot of the same way you do… I too like having things that lots of people don't have and there will only be hundreds of people that have any of the XM statues thats right only hundreds of each character all around the world Crazy when you wrap your head around it…. Want to know even a crazier fact? Just divided out earths population which is 7.125 billion people and maximum of 999 / each statue meaning that 0.0000014% of earths population will own EACH XM Statue! Wrap your head around that math boys and girls… Now i do know that all 7.125 billion people don't collect but I'm simply showing everyone how few of population will own one of the collectibles out of worlds population….

I believe Bullseye or someone said that XM statues might as well call people that own them ELITE?? Well he couldn't of said it better, anyone who owns ANY of XM's offerings mights as well consider themselves an Elite of all the Elite of the Eliteness of all Elitity!!!

Cant wait to receive me three XM gems!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenopus View Post
I totally agreed.

Same mentality applies for woman not wanting to be seen getting the same bag or dress that someone on the street is wearing.
Amen xenopus That is how i am too, i always like to dress up nice and keep my wardrobe and shoes fresh meaning once i wear them (shoes/clothes) once they go in the closet for months and then pull them out and wear again and when you do it feels like their new again as you haven't worn them forever Hahhaha

I seriously have as many shoes as i do statues and thats a lot of shoes Hahhahah But i would probably say if i had to count that we have more collectibles…..Soon I'm looking to change that after this Thursday after i get paid

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #28
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah i agree with you built i feel a lot of the same way you do… I too like having things that lots of people don't have and there will only be hundreds of people that have any of the XM statues thats right only hundreds of each character all around the world Crazy when you wrap your head around it…. Want to know even a crazier fact? Just divided out earths population which is 7.125 billion people and maximum of 999 / each statue meaning that 0.0000014% of earths population will own EACH XM Statue! Wrap your head around that math boys and girls… Now i do know that all 7.125 billion people don't collect but I'm simply showing everyone how few of population will own one of the collectibles out of worlds population….

I believe Bullseye or someone said that XM statues might as well call people that own them ELITE?? Well he couldn't of said it better, anyone who owns ANY of XM's offerings mights as well consider themselves an Elite of all the Elite of the Eliteness of all Elitity!!!

Cant wait to receive me three XM gems!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #29
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

Great post. I feel the same way about owning rare pieces.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #30
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
No, not really.

If you can find me another company that's making statues like these (ie. fully sculpted, super detailed, near perfect quality control, perfect packaging), please let me know. I could generally not care any less how limited a statue is, and would actually prefer anybody who wants one to be able to get one. But XM is it for quality. I don't really have another choice.
Ok you got me there....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote