Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #81
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
So Baldur is up for po. But I think $1199 is a bit steep imho. Who is going to get him?
I will pre-order this later this month i don't find the price to be high at all. Basically all P1 statues are in the 1000-1,200 range and is what is normal for this company.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #82
Luminous
Cyclops

I love this game and was most likely going to order Baldur to go with Kratos and Atreus, but that price is definitely making me hesitate. A great sculpt and intricate base to be sure, but I am having a hard time understanding why they'd put out Baldur first at such a high price. I imagine most won't even consider this until they can secure Kratos.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #83
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I will pre-order this later this month i don't find the price to be high at all. Basically all P1 statues are in the 1000-1,200 range and is what is normal for this company.
1/3 statues are in that range, yes. This is a 1/4 statue.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #84
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Drunk viking dude for $1200. Okay.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:03 PM   #85
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I love this game and was most likely going to order Baldur to go with Kratos and Atreus, but that price is definitely making me hesitate. A great sculpt and intricate base to be sure, but I am having a hard time understanding why they'd put out Baldur first at such a high price. I imagine most won't even consider this until they can secure Kratos.
Maybe it's a good marketing move as those that plan on getting both will PO this one before they have buyers' remorse since Kratos is the more sure thing.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #86
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I see them pricing Kratos and Atreus around the same price but naturally that will do a whole lot better. If they do around 500 EX it will sell out quickly regardless of the price. But it will be a very slow burn for Baldur at this price. Their saving grace on this is that more than likely we wont see a high end statue of this character anywhere else. They even counted in the fact that they were "made" to be displayed together is another thing
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #87
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
I see them pricing Kratos and Atreus around the same price but naturally that will do a whole lot better. If they do around 500 EX it will sell out quickly regardless of the price. But it will be a very slow burn for Baldur at this price. Their saving grace on this is that more than likely we wont see a high end statue of this character anywhere else. They even counted in the fact that they were "made" to be displayed together is another thing
Oh they are definitely banking on the Kratos sculpt to move Baldur product. However, I think they have largely overestimated most collector's urge to collect beyond the pivotal character from this franchise. I think they will be stuck with Baldur inventory for quite a while at this price point.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:45 PM   #88
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Oh they are definitely banking on the Kratos sculpt to move Baldur product. However, I think they have largely overestimated most collector's urge to collect beyond the pivotal character from this franchise. I think they will be stuck with Baldur inventory for quite a while at this price point.
For the few that like the character it’s an even smaller subset that would dish out $1200 + shipping for it. Hell...even Kratos at that price will limit who can buy. Only die hard fans with cash to burn will be getting both.

I love the Kratos but will hope for high ES and chance to buy cheaper down the road
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #89
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Clearly overpiced.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #90
stryker12
Fantastic Four

These prices... So what now? Kratos and Atreus are probably going for $1650 ex, $1600 reg?

I wasn't planning on getting these anyway, (game was incredible, and these look incredible, absolutely stunning, so don't get me wrong) but I want to know what this means for other 1/4 releases, and are the days of 1/3 scale selling for $1000 - $1200 gone?
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote